Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grammatical Error

Started by xThunderSlugx [2174166] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 51 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100

Most-liked replies

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Nintendo is a company and I somehow feel that plural usage isn't wrong in this case.

However, I am no grammar expert, so I will pass this up to Joe. Thanks..!!

Edit: I found this on google search:

Organizational names may be treated as either singular or plural. Ordinarily, treat the name as singular unless you wish to emphasize the individuals who make up the organization; in that case, use the plural.

Since the it is the guys at Nintendo who "say this thing", I believe plural usage is appropriate.
xThunderSlugx [2174166]
Thanks for the follow up. In my mind I read it as Nintendo being a singular object instead of being made up of multiple people. Makes more sense as the guys at Nintendo weren't vs just Nintendo weren't. All about how you perceive the noun. Good work!