Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Make arrests stealthable

Started by gnorf [2411019] on in Suggestions.

63 replies · 756 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 64 / 64 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
64
Discussion span
→
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

gnorf [2411019]
I can't imagine corrupt torn city cops giving out their id and badge number on request or even bothering with paperwork for that matter!

This is a totally unbiased suggestion.
Scarley [2261969]
i think if there are going to be changes to the stealth system i'd rather it go the other way - no stealths ever.
gnorf [2411019]
What's the fun in that? I even enjoy getting stealthed or rather that time I finally don't get stealthed. "Gotchya!"
Doford [2307018]
Arrests being stealth.... maybe a chance for the arrest paperwork to be lost would be cool, adds a dynamic. Corruption is in a crime game. Maybe stealth is harder in arrest but possible.
Vulture [2169837]
I kind of like the way it is right now :P
This is a totally unbiased suggestion.

You mean to tell me that this has nothing to do with you getting retaliated on every time you try to arrest people? Especially when you're hitting your active and friendly neighbors.
gnorf [2411019]
That part was clearly a joke, and you forgot to use past tense as that's been worked out. Even if a change happened, I wouldn't go back on my word. It would also be easy enough to find out if I did.

I guess I didn't think it was a big deal, considering we used to wall slut for each other anyways and I offered myself to med out for your own chains as well.

You guys clearly did think it was a big deal, so I stopped.

Jeez some of you guys take things way too seriously. It's not like I kicked your dog or something.

I've even seen your own members arresting each other by looking at who's in jail, which is where I think the real problem with what I did comes from.

edit: But yes, avoiding retals would be fantastic lol
gnorf [2411019]
You're for pussies

Sober edit: Normally I don't care, the only issue is med cd while chaining although I guess a big boy like you wouldn't be bothered by that :p
gnorf [2411019]
More to your point though if I didn't already have 2 threads up I'm tempted to make a third suggesting that inactive targets give 75% less respect which would make things way more interesting.

I'm sure faction leaders would love me for that one.
Patient [2131539]
I'm in a detective agency as well. Mechanically, I would love this change, my enemy list more than doubled since joining one. It'd be nice to avoid that fallout from what is suppose to be a feature to a company.

Realistically though, if you're arresting someone, it takes time to get them to jail, and odds are if you're getting arrested, the arrestee would be around the person arresting them long enough to know who did it. We're arresting people, not kidnapping them with a bag over their head.

I am however 100% for the change to making active targets more attractive. In a game about attacking others, why is there so much incentive to avoid attacking someone that actually plays the game?

Edit to add: I'm not saying the realism of actually making an arrest should define the stealth mechanic related to arrests, just that I see a justification for the fact that you can't stealth arrest in that, but I am 100% for the ability to be able to stealth arrest, but as far as in game mechanics go, you can theoretically mug someone for billions and they would never know who you were, as long as they have enough money on hand, which is easy enough to achieve. My largest arrest bounties have been just a little bit over 2 million, and that requires the perfect storm of someone doing enough crimes without going to jail AND doing so without someone stronger than them not using yet another detective agency special to see the highest bounties, which people get on with just over a $1m bounty.
Riot [974353]
I’m actually pretty surprised that it isn’t stealthable tbh. Never really thought about it. I believe it should be, same as the others attack types. Shouldn’t have to sacrifice something for a job ‘perk’, especially when that perk is bound to make you a few enemies.


I mean as previously said ‘realistically’ you would likely be around whoever you took down long enough for them to ‘make’ you. But an argument could certainly be made for realism, you’ve got your mask on, you’ve pinned them down and handed them over to uniformed cops before disappearing off as they get the perp up...

At a certain point realism isn’t everything though, you have to consider fun and fair gameplay against realist...
Untouchable [1360035] Committee Committee
Are you trying to tell me it’s unrealistic I can shoot some people in the face with an RPG and it doesn’t affect them, and they stab me with a plastic sword and hospitalise me immediately? Nah this game is realistic as hell
Riot [974353]
Haha I’m certainly not arguing that it is, I just know ched likes to pull out the realism card when some suggestions come up haha
Wires [2209713]
Perhaps a stock for it? Like if it was in theme with paperwork etc. You own shares in the police academy so they 'lose the paperwork'

Effect: Stealth when making arrests now possible.
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor
But you are not a corrupt cop. At that point, you are a law abiding citizen with the correct credentials to do bounty hunting work.

It would make more sense if the corrupt cop didn't listed you down as the bounty hunter for a fee, or something XD.

But then again, this is a game where stuff is simplified. So go stealth! (without the aforementioned fee)
gnorf [2411019]
How am I not a corrupt cop? After making a few arrests I'm off to burn down a bunch of warehouses.

Anyways good to see this brought back from the dead. Time will tell how the crime changes regarding ce lost for jailings will affect things, possibly making DA's more in need of a buff