Looking at my account i have a incredibly large time played for how far i actually am in the game. i took a 2 year break off playing and did not touch the game. should i restart so i dont have such a large time played when im not actually very far?
Do i reset?
Started by Doggo [2092005] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
I wouldn't.
I would only restart if I had friends that can fund me so I can have a boost from day 1.
If you start and play as a new player and without help, you are better off just going forward.
But I am curious of other answers and why some would decide to restart.
I would only restart if I had friends that can fund me so I can have a boost from day 1.
If you start and play as a new player and without help, you are better off just going forward.
But I am curious of other answers and why some would decide to restart.
One word, No
I’ve been mostly inactive for the length of my torn account. I came back to play officially 3 years ago. I have like 867k total stats. Now I have 2.4b and am still working on them.
I fully recommend NOT restarting.
I fully recommend NOT restarting.
Rephrasing OP post.
I was inactive for a while and made great progress on my "Torn Citizen" merits. Should I restart so I don't look old and sacrifice that progress? :)
I was inactive for a while and made great progress on my "Torn Citizen" merits. Should I restart so I don't look old and sacrifice that progress? :)
Don't, restart, just set some quick win goals and go for them. Plan some longer term goals and move on.
Restarting is this worst thing you can do unless you have driven your account into the ground with massive negative net-worth or enough dedicated enemies to make your account unplayable.
The only thing I can think of that would warrant restarting is if you wanted to play as a level holder at a lower level than you currently are.
The only thing I can think of that would warrant restarting is if you wanted to play as a level holder at a lower level than you currently are.
I came back after 10 years off, with the little I had ive managed to do pretty well in a couple of months. If you restart, you lose everything, which will slow down your progress significantly
The biggest things you'd lose are any work stats if you were inactive while in a city job, and the merits for account age, both of which are really the only benefits age has, that I can think of off the top of my head, and aside from buying trains, there's no other way to get them. There's also a benefit in that your account age may intimidate younger players who may be stronger than you from attacking you.
I don't really see any downside to having a high account age, other than maybe people poking fun at you for the lack of progress in that time, which is really unimportant.
I don't really see any downside to having a high account age, other than maybe people poking fun at you for the lack of progress in that time, which is really unimportant.
I feel as tho my age sometimes prevents people from trying me. They think I’m an old ancient beast xD which I am far from >.>