Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Console effectiveness

Started by m3llow [2146235] on in Suggestions.

4 replies · 446 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

m3llow [2146235]
Did a quick search and couldn’t find anything, but feel free to grave if it’s been brought up before.


Consoles should have a different amount of happiness gained based on the system - for example a newer console like the Xbox 360 should give more happiness than an older console like the Xbox. I’m not a numbers person so anyone please suggest specifics if you have input, but I think it makes sense to tweak a bit and I doubt a marginal change will affect the viability of either item since they are already pretty useless.
KaasChuig [2086278]
Depending on the games involved, newer consoles could offer less actually. But that's just my opinion and has nothing to do with the mechanics you are talking about. It's true I find myself on my ps4 more often, but I'm always telling myself after I finish my current game I'm going back to ps3 so I can play my older games (some even from ps1 era) that have collected dust (I'm sorry Arc the Lad collection), only to find myself access with yet another ps4 game to distract me.

But all that is irrelevant. Since we live in an era of higher graphics and more realism is what matters to people, the tv connecting to the consoles should probably be what matters. Thus my actual adding to the idea is the happiness you gain from the consoles is based on "whatever tv was in your shack when you started" and any tv you have it connected to (probably one time use of 10 energy to set up tv) will offer a multiplier based on size, sound, 3d capability, etc..
Ceb [68232] Committee Committee
very, very weird but I had a suggestion about this several years ago and I can't find it in the "my threads" feed for some reason??


Basically though... consoles are super ultra broken and need a lot to make them function sensibly, let alone be viable. Lemme see if i remember everything...

-Consoles provide 8-15 happiness for the price of 5e
-All consoles provide the same amount of happiness (i know this from testing 150e per console)
-Consoles will still use 5e even for partial happiness gain
-Consoles cannot boost happiness above max
-Consoles will drop boosted happiness down to max if used (idr if it uses e still or not)


If consoles were to be useful, the amount of happiness per e would have to be multiplied several times over and allow consoles to boost happiness over max (for jumping).

If consoles were to actually be useful though, i think they would need a very small chance to break on use. I also think the numbers would need to be around 100 happiness per use, this would put the gain at a solid 900 happiness per 45e

This would let consoles + energy cans just ever-so-slightly eke out better happiness for early jumps than edvds at the consequence of needing to use boosted 30e cans making the cost roughly 3x for about 10% better happiness thus being competitive for the first couple months of happy jumps but arguably not cost effective.

For normies, it'd make the company perk for 2x console effectiveness knock normal candies out of the park, and the later jumps would still value e more and better to use candies regardless of the boost. Nice little buff for players to join Toy Shop and Game Shop early game instead of AN or SS.