Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Disembarkation Time

Started by goobs [363281] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 37 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
34 / 100
goobs [363281]
Ever be ready and waiting to land overseas only to be in the hospital just before you are ready to leave? Seemingly every time I arrive at a destination, I am required to pass validation taking away time I could be buying and leaving. This means that players already at the destination have an advantage in this race.

I suggest leveling the playing field by adding a short (5-10 second) disembarkation/immigrations/customs time where you cannot be attacked after arriving in any travel location (preferably) including Torn itself. You will immediately become attackable after the window has expired or once you have passed validation, whichever comes first. If validation isn't required on landing, then there should be no delay to being attackable.

Reasons:
1. Validation is not a game mechanic and should have not have consequences.
2. Removes the advantage players already at the destination have.
3. Does not inconvenience players looking to attack other players beyond making them wait a few extra seconds.
4. [image: i.imgur.com]

This suggestion might not have saved me but I landed and was in the hospital about 6 seconds later.