So i was wondering if its been confirmed at all by staff as to whether busting people from jail helps build crime experience or not?
I have been doing warehouse arson crimes only, busting people from jail, using points to refill nerve bar and using beers to boost nerve and yet ive falling in the pecking order in my OC team.
The only thing i can see for this is that possibly busting offers very little or no CE so would like confirmation (a link to info if possible)
From what I remember many years ago when the big nerf happened to busting. The information given at the time was something along the lines of that the higher the level and higher the time in jail would give more CE than lower levels with lower time. As I recall no indication was given as to what the actual amounts were changed to. It was changed from a percentage to a fixed number.
I do not believe busting is worth focussing on to build CE, I just try to remember to do a few busts a day to slowly work towards the merits. I do believe that busting does provide a nominal amount of CE based on the level of the player and the amount of time they are in jail for when busted.
A self bust gives about three times the experience a warehouse arson gives. As for the exp a bust gives it's fairly minimal, having done 10.5k busts in the new system It barely made a difference as I progressed nerve bars.
Based on the amount of CE (arsons) needed to rank up your nerve bar from one point to another, vs the amount of arsons done and over 100 self busts it was easy to determine how much ce those self busts gave.
The thread where all this info was gathered has been graved a long time ago and renamed, so there's really no easy way to retrieve that, you'll just have to believe it, or run the tests again to get the same result.
Do keep in mind though, self busts cost 3x as much as arsons, so given there's a good chance you'll fail it's not really worth to do them still.
manic[1554958] · #8 · edited
There was a thread a long while ago where (if my memory serves me correctly) Ched specifically said that if you were wanting to gain CE not to waste it busting but to concentrate on crimes. I got the impression that busts were nerfed simply to gain merits.
It stuck with me because it was one of the only times a confirmation re CE has been made.
The important bit for anyone who is thinking about getting those busting merits! --
For example, busting a level 1 from jail who's only in there for 5 minutes will provide a very small amount, while busting a level 25 who's in jail for 6 hours, just after you've busted two other people, will give a much larger amount.