Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Missing single attack for chain report

Started by bbeebs [2313341] on in API Development.

4 replies · 102 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
70 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
bbeebs [2313341]
I wrote a script in a google sheet to generate a chain report. It does that by fetching all of the attacks using the /attacks API endpoint in a loop.
I noticed one of my chains was missing an attack. It was a 2.5k chain, but the attack count my script gathered was 2499.

So I did some digging and figured out exactly which attack was missing - who the attacker was and even the attack number in the chain - it's #1112.

I then did some experimenting with different from time when calling the API, but there seems to be no way to get that missing attack. I was able to get that person's previous and next attacks in the same response from the API, but hit #1112 is still missing.

Am I doing something wrong or is there some other possible explanation?
Stiny [992186]
When pulling the attacks are you pulling the "attacksfull" (1,000 attacks less detailed) or "attacks" (100 attacks most detail)?
How fast was your faction mates making hits?
How fast are you pulling the data?

Is it possible the timing worked out just right such that you missed collecting it?
bbeebs [2313341]
Sorry for the late follow up...
This is the thread about the problem in B&I forum: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=19&t=16189475&b=0&a=0

But basically, as I was told... a "bug" caused single attack to count for 2 hits...