Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Broken user search functionality

Started by CloudJumper [1636201] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 394 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
18
Likes on archived posts
26
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
53 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
It appears that the User search functionality is broken at some places. Specifically when you search for "Faction" or "Company" tab (works fine for All). I have found the following instances, there can be more:

1) Faction member search on the "Give to user" Control panel only shows result if there's an exact match, I distinctly remember is showing results for a partial match, so I could type Cloud and it would show me my name:

[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]

2) Same problem for username search on company job specials page:

[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]

3) Personal stats > Add user functionality is completely broken even with full player name:

[image: i.imgur.com]

Confirming and assigning the report to Alexander.
TornFalcon [2042205]
Def just came to make this report.
Unable to select name for faction vault access.
[image: i.imgur.com]

EDIT: as a note: Was able to work around this by clicking "faction" providing a drop down of about 5 players, I just happened to be on that list so it worked out.
Cr_pt_c [2506872]
I took several shot with the plan to file a fresh report, upon seeing this I will just add all shots here:


[image: thepicturehost.files.wordpress.com]


All VS. Friend


[image: thepicturehost.files.wordpress.com]



[image: thepicturehost.files.wordpress.com]


All VS. Faction


[image: thepicturehost.files.wordpress.com]


Mail Subject Search vv

[image: thepicturehost.files.wordpress.com]

Mail User Search vv

[image: thepicturehost.files.wordpress.com]

Mail Content Search vv

[image: thepicturehost.files.wordpress.com]