Simple grammatical error. The IRL rifle is called the AKS74U. All in caps. I’d appreciate it if it were fixed
AK74u
Started by The-Mandalorian [2354586] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Chedburn [1] Admin
· 1 likes ·
From what I can find, the capitalisation of the U seems to vary depending on the source. But I'm happy to change it anyway... Thanks.
Bump
Please don't bump bug reports, we'll get to it when we are able to.
I'll pass to Joe for checking.
I'll pass to Joe for checking.
[image: snipboard.io]
There's a difference between the AK and AKS but yes, the 'u' is meant to be in caps.
There's a difference between the AK and AKS but yes, the 'u' is meant to be in caps.
What’s the difference between the two?
Not sure but to my knowledge, it has to do with the number of mods you can attach to each. The AKS having more.
That’s cool
I was bored and googled a bunch of firearm stuff because I find it interesting. Seems the AK-74u got a shortened barrel, in comparison to the standard AK-74, along with a muzzle boost to kick up rate of fire. The AKS-74u was mainly used by paratroopers with it being shortened and having a folding stock. While the AKS-74un has all the advantages of the other models, along with side/top mounted rails along with night vision and some other goodies. = D
AK-74u AK (Kalashnikov automatic rifle) - 74 (Model 74) u (Shortened)
AKS-74u AK (Kalashnikov automatic rifle) S (Folding) - 74 (Model 74) u (Shortened)
And while we're at it the other rifle in the lower left
AKS-74un AK (Kalashnikov automatic rifle) S (Folding) - 74 (Model 74) u (Shortened) n (Night fighting)
All of that being said. I could be 100% wrong.
AK-74u AK (Kalashnikov automatic rifle) - 74 (Model 74) u (Shortened)
AKS-74u AK (Kalashnikov automatic rifle) S (Folding) - 74 (Model 74) u (Shortened)
And while we're at it the other rifle in the lower left
AKS-74un AK (Kalashnikov automatic rifle) S (Folding) - 74 (Model 74) u (Shortened) n (Night fighting)
All of that being said. I could be 100% wrong.
From what I can find, the capitalisation of the U seems to vary depending on the source. But I'm happy to change it anyway... Thanks.
So the exact designation of real life guns needs to be accurate, compared to all the rest of the inconsistencies with other items or concepts ingame huh...
Jackhammer shotgun for instance was a prototype with only 10 made officially if I recall correctly, maybe that needs a revision too :p
Jackhammer shotgun for instance was a prototype with only 10 made officially if I recall correctly, maybe that needs a revision too :p
Nah