Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rehab bill?

Started by marsey99 [1404499] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 490 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
36
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Likely because you're an older account, and the rehab system was harsher back then when you were rehabbing previously.
Vulture [2169837]
What the bogieman said is likely the case.

You can combat the costs a bit by working in a company with perks that reduce drug addiction with job points like a Cruise Liner, Night Club or Flower Shop. It doesn't get rid of all of it, but it will help.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
Also, some people do a full rehab every time they go, and others do a "mostly full rehab", which is overall more efficient.

For newer players, I recommend pulling the slider bar over to the full rehab level, then backing up one spot, to do one less than a full rehab. If you just OD'd, I recommend backing it up 2 spots.

For older players, I recommend backing it up 2 spots, and 3 spots if you just OD'd.

It won't have a big effect short term, but long term will keep your costs from rising as fast.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
An extra one after an OD simply because after an OD, it's going to be a long time before you can xanax again, and you want to make sure the natural decay has some addiction to remove.

I do 2 all the time simply because I've used lots of xanax, lots of rehabs, and each rehab does less now than it would for a newer player. It's probably not necessary, I'm just being sure to get full value for every rehab, and sure to leave room for natural decay.
marsey99 [1404499]
Seems it is more just a punishment for older players, myself and 1 of the guys always rehab fully and while I have used less drugs and had less rehab I pay way more than double what they do.

The only real difference is that most of mine were back in the day while they're much younger.

While I personally think this is bullshit, that the rehab Deg should be the same for everyone based off times used, it is what it is.


Edit

Thanks for the input and your insight into it, good info to know :)
TranQuilizer [208206]
Rehab cost is directly related to how many rehabs done you have. However the stat only tracks back to september 2015 so for any accounts older than that you can't just go off that personal stat. You have probably rehabbed more before they started tracking than whoever you're comparing to. Older accounts tend to be worse off in relation to their drug usage because we were around before most factions had max toleration and natural decay used to be 4 times smaller than it is now.

My guide on rehab

Mentions: A guide to rehab decay and addiction. 2021 update!