Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

General Studies

Started by Code_Green [2018628] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 229 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

Code_Green [2018628]
So I just got my driving license to do certain crimes and was looking through other courses offered under General Studies. I discovered most of the courses, actually 7 out of 12, don't give you any skill from the learning outcomes other than some work stats.
I'm wondering if its worth it to get a Bachelor's degree in General Studies. The only reason I'm even considering it even is because my buddy encouraged me to get that degree for the 10% deduction in all future educational courses. So should I grind through these courses to get a bachelor's degree as my buddy suggested or is his advice just plain wrong?
Thank you guys for your input!
George_1000 [2167627]
uhh. its not completely useless but very bad compared to others. Imo, once you get sports science, combat training, biology all done, and get the driving listense then (maybe) consider it. but really passive stat gains and weapon xp is much better than barely any work stats barely ever.
No_yolo_plz [1889385]
Yes the general studies bachelor does give free value to all future education courses.

It is really is an opinion type answer as personally I think there are other bachelors that should be rushed first like as George said above me.
But if you really maximum "bang for your buck" from each education course, than sure go ahead and grab General Bachelor (I once did the math on what you earn from the General Studies bachelor I forgot the result but I think it was barely past 1,000 in working stat total a few director trains can easily fix that)
timosupremo [2533131]
General studies degree gives you a 10% increase to all working stat gains from future courses completed. Not a 10% deduction to course length. Course length deduction comes from merits put into -education length, becoming a principle in the education starter job, and having the stock WSSB benefit block. The general studies degree is not worth it and even less so if you don’t complete it first before any other classes taken. Go with sports science first then biology/combat training as stated above.

Edit: Completing general studies as the first degree and not stopping for any other class gives you a bonus of 271 Manual, 734 Intelligence, and 290 Endurance total after you have completed every other course in the game. Pennies if you ask me.
Code_Green [2018628]
Thanks again to those who gave me sound advice! That's what my thoughts were to finish other courses like sport science and biology before tackling the general studies classes. Well that's the last time I'll be listening to any advice my buddy sends my way.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
I didn't do the "general studies" bachelor until last, or maybe next to last. I did the drivers license course early, but all the rest waited.
Code_Green [2018628]
Thanks Baldr, I've decided to wait to do the general studies for last. I'm sure now thanks to the good advice I've received that the other courses are more beneficial for me.