Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Maximum time exceeded on Google Docs

Started by SirEdge [2609907] on in API Development.

2 replies · 60 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
21 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
SirEdge [2609907]
Hi, I have a sleep function built into my google doc that accesses target user information from the API. It fails out after 250ish entries (I'm aiming for 1 per second- I use Torn Tools, so I don't want to get close to my 100 per minute).


Start Function Error Message Trigger End
11/25/20 12:34 AM myFunction Exceeded maximum execution timetime-based 11/25/20 12:40 AM

I am looking at adding filters so it doesn't update the entire list every time and therefore avoids the timeout, but I'm curious if anyone else has run into this and what can be done about it.
SirEdge [2609907]
The function is intentionally slow, because the API only allows 100 updates per minute. So it is entirely about Google terminating long-running scripts.