Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn-apology

Started by Shockwave [2599475] on in General Discussion.

28 replies · 911 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Shockwave [2599475]
Hello

I would like to apologize for my previous post about me leaving. It wasn't karma farming. I was really going to leave. However, Torn is a game that helps me to relax, de-stress, and keep me happy. I know I'm not the nicest Torn player but honestly there are some very nice players here and I need to surround myself with that.

On another note, Beerstein, I think it was, said I could be depressed. It turns out I am depressed. I disregarded the dark thoughts and today resulted in a police call-out for a potential suicide attempt. I'm very depressed, upset, tired and exhausted and I feel like I'm in hell some days. My mood has gone from angry to happy to depressed. I got kicked out of my disability 24/7 care home for being intimidating when staff wound me up. Now I'm just pondering the meaning of life. From 10 years old to 20 years old, my life has been hell. In Child Protection Services and shipped around the country, etc.

Anyways, I'm going off topic. Just wanted to say I need to stay because I need to surround myself with good people and Torn has a lot of positive people.

I do apologize if this is in the wrong thread. Have a nice day everyone.
Morgoth [2506267]
Bro, this is probably something you should talk to your doctor/psychologist/counselor with, not just some randos on an internet game forum. Just saying.

I mean feel free to talk w/ whoever you want, but like, there are people paid to help you out
Meisme123 [2577822]
Ayo, if ya need someone to vent to, hmu in PMs anytime ;). If ya do, say whatever ya want, I won't share, or judge. Tbh, venting helps
RedBud [2053144]
Do yourself a favor and for anyone that cares about you. Log off and go seek some help from people that can help you. Seeking help on any online game isn't a good idea. Good luck and hope you find the help you need.
CalvinDummers [2563819]
Hello,

Well this game helped me too, tomake friends and true, I met some pricks all over, And your condition is like similar to me a year ago, so here's what I did, well try to learn something new, and my choice was coding, I learnt to code, welll, I guess you may find peace there, Have a great time playing this game, and Peace Out
Sepulchrave [2092631]
Glad you're sticking around.

Healing from childhood trauma takes years - sometimes decades.

Don't expect positivity to cure you - it's a fallacy. Positivity can be a way of hiding from your problems.

Time is more important. Time, self-discovery and lots of difficult work.
-Light- [2248448]
Hey man, if you ever need to talk my PMs are opened. This is why online games/communities are so important, it helps you vent, and hopefully help with your healing.

God bless and best of luck
Wildcat [2213930]
Putting a life back together is a slow and meaningful process. But it isn't something you or anyone else should have to do alone. Torn's community as well as others are here for you, though I would advise seeking professional help or a friend you're willing to open up to. I'm not going to tell you that it'll be easy, or completely enjoyable, but your situation can get better, and will, if you don't give up. Faith is a priceless gift, never forget that.

-Sincerely, DC_Dark4
Yazi [2139270]
You need support?
I'll try.

Good to see you're not leaving us anytime soon.
I hope you get better. Mentally.
Other than this message, I have no idea what to do...

I'd ponder life's meaning, but I don't even know the meaning of accolade. So.......
Aezur [1950769]
Oh yeah, that aul depression will get ya alright.

One piece of completely unsolicited advice (that i wish I had been told)... Now, in this moment of clarity, take stock of what depression does to you (eating/not eating, insomnia/sleeping too much, hygiene, angry outbursts, etc. etc.). For the rest of your life, you will need to keep an eye out for these clear-as-day indicators. When you see these things, no matter what your brain tells you (it will lie and say its cos you're tired or stressed or whatever), you need to take action!

The fight with depression never ends, and you never win; you just get quicker at catching yourself falling.

I wish you the best of luck.
pustak [2597273]
I can't say much, but go on fella. Keep it up you're on the right track (hopefully. If not, try the left track maybe?).
PuddleofDucks [2120940]
As someone who pays for therapy, my therapist thought it was a great idea to reach out in game. I have found nothing but super supportive people here. I don't think its necessarily about seeking answers, being diagnosed, or prescribed a treatment but just a "that sucks dude" or "I feel ya bro" or "I am going through the same thing" can help you feel less alone.

YMMV
awsmn_ [2586798]
Me going back to my toxic ex be like:

Don't worry bro, everyone have to go through such phases sometime in their life, but don't worry. Things will only become better!

And it's true about my ex. I'm lonely cuz of the breakup but I'm also determined that I'll change my life for the better and be 100 times happier than I'm today
RobberHood [2361494]
Jim Carey said when you're depressed you need a deep rest from playing the character of yourself (the whole identity attached to your name).

Take a rest, try to be your true self rather than acting how you think other people want you to be.

Good luck