Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

City map.

Started by PaHoK [2603142] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 283 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Navin [786973] ×1

PaHoK [2603142]
4th January my Awareness was 0 and I found +30 items on the city map. 5th January I set Awareness to 10 and installed "Torn Tools". 5th January and today I found 0 items on the city map and "Torn Tools" shows that there are 0 items.
Is described scenario a bug or a common situation?
Caio [2488372]
Are you saying you found 30 items on the city map in a single day? ( that probably would be a bug lol )
And not really, even at 10/10 awareness, having the course that gives +10% and working in a zoo ( + 70% ) you still might have streak days with no findings // 1/2 days or less average finding ;

Side check, as Lance mentioned above, if you don't check the city and you "found" something this day, it will just lay there till you get it, so your city can be stacked with a lot of things if you don't get them;

As you can see there below; Source -> Sauce, by Navin
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]

Mentions: Navin [786973] · Another year of city finds v.2020

PaHoK [2603142]
I started looking for items on the city map from 4th January and did not check it before. My age here is 100+ days.

Yes, I found +30 items in a single day.
Caio [2488372]
That means, for sure, that these 30 items there was this period till 4th January that stacked till you open the city page and collect them.

And as you could see, with 0 awareness, your ratio was less than 1find per 4 days.

So expect something closer to 1 finding every ~2 days, or better ~4 finds every 10 days as "bad" average with maxed awareness but is not a 100% assured formula, you might be days without finds, and many days in a row finding something;

Extra info from your personal stats page
[image: i.imgur.com]
As you can see, you got 2 items, then let it stack till recently, which explains the flat line, then the "spike" at the day you mentioned;
Voodoovodka [2628897]
I am age 30 and didn't bother even looking at the city map until yesterday. On my first visit yesterday I found about a dozen items, two of which was a skateboard ($400M) and a goodie bag ($30M). I was floored by the value of all the items, probably close to $450M. I assume I did so well because I hadn't visited since I started playing. Visited twice today....and not found a bean, but hey, once a month would do for me!

I have no tools or boosts.
Lance0 [2298087]
you found a skateboard?

Before you make the mistake seemingly everyone makes, best sell it to a trader. Don't use it, it won't be worth much to you at your current age.
SirEdge [2609907]
I started a thread to capture Torn system resets and through that process learned that items drop at one specified time each day, so checking many times in between is futile.