Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Your Torn Enemies

Started by MakinDuBacon [2282908] on in General Discussion.

82 replies · 1.8k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 83 / 83 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
83
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

LimpingTarget [2188202] ×1 MakinDuBacon [2282908] ×1

MakinDuBacon [2282908]
Hi guys, today is my birthday. Was looking at my profile and stats like most people do when there bored on there birthday. One number that always stands out to me is my friend/enemy ratio. I notice a lot of players (mostly new ones) are scared of players with a huge amount of enemies. Some older traders assume someone like myself would be untrustworthy. If you have encountered me in Torn then you know I may be an ass but I am also trustworthy, I may buy mug but If I offer you a trade or service I deliver 100% of the time.

I’m also a pretty honest guy, I’ve turned my stealth off and deal with whatever repercussions may come from my in game actions. This has caused me to grow in enemies pretty consistently over the last year or so. Do I care? Not really I have actually grown to like the Torn meta. If you piss someone off they have the right to do whatever they want to you, have that be multiple hospitalizations, bounties etc. (some even miss the faction tag and dm my leadership.)

some of my best memories in Torn aren’t with my friends or faction but with the enemies that are so confident they can disrupt my game that they spend (sometimes hundreds of) millions to try to keep me in the hospital. It hasn’t worked yet but who knows maybe I will meet my arch nemesis one day.

My question to Torn: Does your friend/enemy ratio matter to you? Have you ever met someone you may consider your enemy but you secretly enjoy there rage? Are there any players you may have not had the best first encounter with but now consider your friend?
Brakier [2095393]
added to friends, happy birthday

for me the friend and enemy does often decide if i will buy/sell from the persron or not, for example if some guy is selling a stock or a faction, and i see them having a ton more enemies, i will often assume they might be out to have some type of trade mugg scheme.

i have more times then i can count on my fingers moved on after seeing bad ratio on friends and enemies , and searcht until i could get one wich i feelt secure with.

about enemies and such, i dont hold grudges, even if i might go at them in the forums, i really dont care much after some days.
MakinDuBacon [2282908]
04:03:26 - 06/01/2021 Someone anonymously placed 1x $1 bounties on you : liar and scammer

better hope when I reveal this I’m to weak to hosp you
Twitter [2309219]
My enemies are 99% paid for by Kata and BT, so i wear them as a badge of honor.

Not sure about former enemies becoming friends, but definitely had my fair share of former friends-turned-enemy. But it's Torn so...just another day at the office.
CoolguyRuler [2183404]
Actually it doesn't, while people may judge you off of it it doesn't mean you are a good or bad person. Maybe your enemies just are there because you want to troll them? Maybe they are there because you are a good chaining target(I am no joke)

People know you as you have interacted with them, I will ALWAYS be polite apon a first meeting. Ofc if I have seen your actions in the game I may have a slightly biased opinion of you already(D3vl comes to mind) My few enemies were made when I attacked a person off of a chain and then they cussed me. As for the rest of them, goodness knows why they are on my blacklist.

Be kind and you shall receive friends. Be an ass and you shall receive opposite. Reap what you sow.
Timpo [2281064]
I don't go out of my way to piss people off but you don't get an option with some folks, especially here.

That being said it's not as if I'm always in hospital so I can't complain, those who have me blacklisted must be alright people lol.

edit: happy birthday bud :D
ISHAAN [2112856]
I bountied this guy for a week and then I discovered he had me on his friends list. change of events.

Happy Birthday Bacon.
Kalisa [2014200]
Some older traders assume someone like myself would be untrustworthy.

Yo're averaging an enemy every other day bro. That sort of consistency takes a concerted effort. I can't say I blame traders there. It's not like they're hurting for customers - they can afford to be picky and avoid obvious trouble.
Brakier [2095393]
the thing i wrote about avoiding bad ratio when i buy / sell, its nothing personal about the player, i know it might be from troll threads , or somebody buying to have people blacklist the person. its just easier and quicker to just skip and take somebody else instead of having to do reasearch everytime why the person have the ratio he has.
Dracarys [2616230]
I kinda like to do some trading and stuff, so it gets more harder for people to trust me as my enemies increase. But I can also blame it partially on my Bounty Slot Selling.

Mostly have them weaker newbies who I hosped to claim their bounties, or just DUDE and his cronies, and Monday and some other trolls who I have dissed (:P). Also on a Discord hitlist for some reason, but I don't really mind it.

I have received over 500 bounties, but they don't interrupt my gameplay since I do most of my stuff in the hospital. And 5 minutes out is all I need to do my Missions and stuff. My enemies think they can make me quit by bountying me, but I just trade in the Hospital and get richer.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, mine was 6 days ago on New Year tho :)
MakinDuBacon [2282908]
OR instead of worrying about how other people play the game you take the money or items I’m offering, use the game mechanics to your advantage and self hosp and go on your way.
Indubitably [2117849]
If members are PM'ing leadership are you buymugging your own members or are you just that annoying?

I'm genuinely confused since I figured all of your enemies were from buymugging.

Either way, who cares about enemy ratios. If someone has preconceived notions prior to talking to you than they weren't worth talking too. Happy birthday!
Brakier [2095393]
no you missunderstand, its not about worrying how others play the game, i dont take the time to hosp myself, i just pick player wich i dont have think some type of scheme going on, i have no issues about how people play the game.

i even check reviers ratio before i pm them if i wanna buy revive. just so they dont take my money and run. its just about being careful about my money without having to do stuff like going to hosp and wasting medical cd and such. last time i traded it was with somebody in ns

you wanted a real answer, this is it, this is how i work. might not be how others do, so please dont take it personaly.
MakinDuBacon [2282908]
Of course not I would never mug a friend or anyone in any NS faction. You know you mug someone they dm your leader “hi xxx buy mugged me do you really want a mugger in your faction blah blah blah”