Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Personal Push Notification System Help

Started by AlyxDoesDabs [2644618] on in API Development.

1 replies · 62 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
22 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100
AlyxDoesDabs [2644618]
Hey all, so I only recently started playing Torn but find the lack of notifications a difficulty as Torn is a long term game. I recently just scripted an SMS based notification system using Python but feel as if it's not as good as I want it to be. Eventually the credit in my Twilio account will be drained, so I was wondering if there was a way to send push-notifcations to my tablet (android) that doesn't require the use of outside API's like Twilio, and I'm not so sure PushBullet is my thing either. I searched but couldn't find anything, so I'm kind of slowly accepting the fact I may have to boot up Android Studio again. But before I do, wanted to see if any of you knew any tricks to just send direct notifications. Thanks! I also just realized there is a Torn Notification system already in the Google Play store, but I'd rather make one myself. Thanks!

Edit:
Damn-Near Script Kiddie level, thanks!
Edit 2: Figured out a solution that doesn't require text messages or external apps, thanks!