Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

!CHIP WARS!

Started by CupOfCheetos [2632826] on in Food & Cooking.

26 replies · 254 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

CupOfCheetos [2632826]

Let’s talk about our favourite kind of chips! :P



Whether factory made and mass produced or homemade, there are so many types of chips in the world! And I would like YOU to share with us your favourite type of chip!



Now if your British or learnt English from British English speakers you may hear “chip” and think: “oh, those stick shaped cut up piece of potatoes that go well with fish”.
and since those are called chips, (though I call them french fries, they should be called Belgium fries...) they are also allowed to be posted here!



What I really want to see is not just all the lovingly made chips of deliciousness, but also those utterly weird ones that either taste like trash or the ones that should but don’t.


<There are wasabi chips, Flaming hot spicy chips and really weirdly shaped chips as my examples.>




So please, everyone. Tell the Cup filled to the brim with Cheetos (That’s me), what chip is your favourite above all those others.

fREakEr [1844126]
This is the only chips I will buy. Price is affordable when compared to the quality, texture, thickness of chips as opposed to other types.
There are some other brands, but you get the idea of the product.

Doritos latenight [rip] also.

Lays and all are nice but, too thin and few to enjoy.

French fries, well, those that i make, with preferred spice on it, paprika, chilli.

I like spicy stuff. Arent interested if it isnt. Pringles hot and spicy is the only one true to its name...

Then you have corns snacks....

[image: images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
masheen [2625139]
I personally enjoy making my own chips (not crisps) in the air fryer.

I use the Aldi fries that cost 75p and shove a bunch of them in the air fryer. Leave that in for 13-15 minutes at 160Celsius.

Once done, grab a bowl, cover the bottom with Malt Vinegar and throw in some chip seasoning. The reason why I do it like this is so that the spices get stuck to the chips.

Throw the chips in, a tiny bit more Malt Vinegar along with more chip seasoning. Shake that to the sides, up and down to make sure all the chips get that seasoning.

Enjoy :)
masheen [2625139]
I prefer air fryer 100%. The problem, for me, with fried chips is the taste of oil. No matter how much, I personally don't like it. And they can become soggy fast.
DrZed [237786]
It used to be you could only get them at the factory only at certain times.. Usually from November to may when they were not using new potatoes. They would get some chips that were dark and they would sort them out so they did not go in the bags. then sold them there at the factory. Where a lot of people wanted them. Now they make a lot like this on purpose and sell them in packages. Though they do not always have them.

[image: www.meijer.com]