Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Tracking nerve usage

Started by bbeebs [2313341] on in API Development.

2 replies · 145 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
bbeebs [2313341]
I would like to be able to track my own (and possibly my faction-mates) nerve usage.
I tried reading user's "criminalrecord" data and multiply it with the crime nerve cost - but that doesn't work, since a single crime type can have different nerve costs.

The reason for this is that I would like to have a "nerve usage" competition in the faction to encourage members to do crimes regularly. Ideally I would like it to be a faction challenge - same as gym energy usage (that way i can just get all of the data I need with a single API call).

I am pretty sure this is not possible using the current API data, but if somebody has an idea, I'm all ears.
LouBaker [1162207]
There is no real way to Track Nerve Use

you can track what crimes a user have done with https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=crimes&key=

this will only show successful crimes, you will have to do two recording of this a start_count and end_count

you then have to calculate how many crimes_done for each crime

formula for this: end_count - start_count = crimes_done

if this done correctly you can see their crimes

[image: i.gyazo.com]

above the second column is the start_count and the third column the result using the above formula
bbeebs [2313341]
Thank you for the suggestion. I might just make the competition about who makes most successful arsons instead of just nerve used.