Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Damage Over Time Viability

Started by MrBubbles [2166931] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 44 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
MrBubbles [2166931]
So Damage Over Time (henceforth DOT damage) has always been a fun build for me in games. Needless to say I was thrilled when I learned of molotovs, flamethrowers and blowpipes applying DOT to enemies. As soon as I unlocked weapon EXP I began levelling up my flamer only to find the initial strike damage is nice (as is typical with artillery) but the DOT damage itself is REEEAAALLLY bad. I find that a lot of weapons and builds are rendered subpar by the superior go-to line ups.


I was wondering what people’s thoughts were on a merit line for DOT damage to facilitate some versatility in peoples’ builds.


Essentially it would be a merit line that instead of affecting a certain weapon type’s damage and accuracy (piercing, blunt,etc,.) it affects DOT damage and chance of application. For example with flamers it increases burn damage and burn chance, blowguns would deal increased poison DOT and apply said poison more often.

I am not after them becoming godly, but just viable contenders would be nice. It seems that there are certain weapons and builds that just aren’t competitive in higher level builds. It would be nice to spice things up a bit.


Feel free to throw your two cents at this, people. Be good to hear your thoughts on this.