Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cryptids

Started by Chili_Duster [1817267] on in Paranormal.

29 replies · 308 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Chili_Duster [1817267]
I also find it interesting that every culture in the world had some variation of a dragon in their folklore. The most obvious explanation for this is that ancient people found dinosaur bones and constructed a tale around it. Just finding a skull would be enough to create fear inducing or wonderment stories about creatures that could fly.
Skellington [2671472]
Either that or there was, perhaps still is, actually a certain species of animal or cryptid that was as widely spread as the human species itself. Much like the Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti.
Chili_Duster [1817267]
So here lately skinwalkers or otherwise known as winnebagos (definitely not using its real name) are seeming to be getting more brazen. More and more people seem to be getting their calls on camera. What do you think of the possibility of skinwalkers?
Skellington [2671472]
I do not discard any option unless proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, so the existence of skinwalkers is not completely unimaginable in my opinion. However, the likelihood of such a creature actually existing I consider slim, simply because of the physical boundaries such a creature would have to cross to be able to transform itself. Having said that, some of the footage is unexplainable, and since I haven't checked the physique of every single creature on the planet, I cannot say there is no such thing as a skinwalker. So basically I'm a skeptical, but I certainly do not discard the possibility.
Chili_Duster [1817267]
I can absolutely appreciate skepticism. I am a skeptic as well. Maybe an optimistic skeptic, but a skeptic all the same. I would love for one day to find out that there are monsters and that there are things that do in fact go bump in the night. People have said that creatures like skinwalkers could be the reason so many people in US National Parks go missing on a regular basis, often times many miles away in extremely small time frames. It could be that so many people go missing because some of those parks really are unimaginably large but it still does make you wonder.
Skellington [2671472]
As long as there is no evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt there are no cryptids, all options are open. It would be awesome to find out some previously unknown large creatures actually exist. However, finding out they feed off of humans would definitely spoil the fun. Those disappearances are suspicious to some extent, but there are plenty of other reasons for those, that are probably more logical, or perhaps more accepted.
_BBK_ [3260573]

There is a few, the English green people, there's the Wendigo, we have the monster of Memphrémagog monster here in the province of Quebec, Chupacabra, the folls of the other world from the irish tales...