Does anybody know how armor works? How does it affect my defense? Will it only add 50 to my defense if I wear it or there are some other calculations? If a thread was posted about this before, please give me a link. Thank you guys.
How Armors Work
Started by TemplarAssasin [2625070] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 2
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 2
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 41 / 100
- Historical score
- 14 / 100
- Story score
- 22 / 100
- Engagement score
- 38 / 100
Hmm, I was looking for an armour thread but can't seem to find it. I'll edit later if I find it.
Basically, armour decreases incoming damage by a percentage based on it's armour rating. A 50.00 piece of armour will reduce damage taken by any attacks on the body part that it covers by 50%, assuming you have equal def to str. Iirc (please correct me if I'm misremembering), armour % mitigation comes into effect after the base damage has been calculated (after this calculation has taken place), but before offensive bonuses like special ammo.
How coverage works, I'm not 100% sure, I think it takes the highest coverage % of all armour that covers the body part, and uses that to modify the base armour rating of that piece to calc final armour (ie, if you have one piece that covers neck 75% with a rating of 40 and another that covers neck 100% with a rating of 25, it'll take 100% of 25, or 25% damage reduction when you get hit there, instead of 75% of 40, or 30% damage reduction) but I haven't seen much data on how exactly coverage works.
Basically, armour decreases incoming damage by a percentage based on it's armour rating. A 50.00 piece of armour will reduce damage taken by any attacks on the body part that it covers by 50%, assuming you have equal def to str. Iirc (please correct me if I'm misremembering), armour % mitigation comes into effect after the base damage has been calculated (after this calculation has taken place), but before offensive bonuses like special ammo.
How coverage works, I'm not 100% sure, I think it takes the highest coverage % of all armour that covers the body part, and uses that to modify the base armour rating of that piece to calc final armour (ie, if you have one piece that covers neck 75% with a rating of 40 and another that covers neck 100% with a rating of 25, it'll take 100% of 25, or 25% damage reduction when you get hit there, instead of 75% of 40, or 30% damage reduction) but I haven't seen much data on how exactly coverage works.
Mentions: Attacking: A Guide to Weapon Damage