Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Instant Chat Issues

Started by Gothologist [2306065] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

1 replies · 11 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
28 / 100

Most-liked replies

Gothologist [2306065] Wiki Contributor
Yes hello I've been having issues with my instant chats, specifically when switching devices. Sometimes (not all the time, and not with every chat bubble) I will open Torn on my phone via the app, and have messages. I don't like texting on my phone, so I will leave them open and start Torn up on my laptop. After opening torn and letting everything open, the message that I received isn't there. In fact, I cannot even start a new chat with said person on my laptop. It happens vice versa as well, if I message people on my laptop and I'm unable to see the chats on my phone.
So far, my only way to solve this is going back on my previous device, cancelling/closing the chat, and reopening it on the other device. It works, but its really inconvenient and I don't think the chats are supposed to work that way. I know a few other people that have had the same issue, and didn't see any other threads about it. I've missed chats like that too, because I don't get pop-ups from chats because they're technically already opened, just on another device.

My screenshots as proof (taken at the exact same time, seconds a part):

From my Windows PC on Google Chrome: https://i.imgur.com/P199v7k.png
From my Android phone on the Torn app, which is up to date: https://i.imgur.com/PrTHeRz.png

Multiple chats don't show up on my laptop, even though they're open on my phone. If I open a chat on my laptop, it pops open on my phone too, so having the chats just not coordinated isn't the issue. If I go to the person's profile that I don't see on my laptop, and try to open a new chat, I can click the button but nothing happens. Please help! I don't know what more information I can give, sorry.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
This happens if you left the chat window open an another idle device/browser. You need to open the idle device, close or minimize the window and you should be able to access the chat on your mobile. Alternatively, you can locate the person under Recent list and click the cross next to their name to clear them from the Recent list, this force closes the chat window on all idle/open devices.

There's a confirmed report on this issue already which will hopefully resolve all such issues.

Thanks..!!

Mentions: Chat