I'm just wondering from any experienced PC players what I can do on PC if I buy one that I can't do on mobile?
Mobile vs PC?
Started by Curlyhurley [2572024] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 41
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 66 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 43 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Vulture [2169837]
· 9 likes ·
The speed alone would make a PC worth it assuming the PC is powerful enough to load websites quickly. The ability to use scripts is another huge reason that would be worth it. That said, don't expect playing on PC … - Blasted [1934909] Helper
· 7 likes ·
Faster response times, less scrolling, spamming trade chat (less) - Travalgar [2317242]
· 6 likes ·
Putting up items for sale at Item Market or your own bazaar is significantly harder and more cumbersome to do in mobile.
Faster response times, less scrolling, spamming trade chat (less)
Putting up items for sale at Item Market or your own bazaar is significantly harder and more cumbersome to do in mobile.
Scripts are easier to use on a pc.
IMHO, the only difference for me is that I have TornTools on my PC. The mobile app, at least the one I'm using, is web browser that automatically goes to Torn.
Torn PDA make up and do few things better then PC right now.
The speed alone would make a PC worth it assuming the PC is powerful enough to load websites quickly. The ability to use scripts is another huge reason that would be worth it.
That said, don't expect playing on PC alone making you a better player or suddenly successful in Torn. I just know that my experience playing Torn on PC is far superior to anything I've ever been able to do on mobile. I can hardly even respond to people messages in Torn via mobile because of my fat fingers. I'm also a power user so I can navigate my computer (and Torn) very very quickly. If you are not someone who is a regular computer user, you might just find that you're actually slower trying to get around the clunky computer just to load up the website. xD
I use mobile specifically in emergency situations when I'm far away (literally on my couch) from my computer. My personal opinion is that the Torn mobile website is not optimized at all for mobile users. There are many many things that are just not implemented with mobile in mind. (Think of stuff like on-hover elements on a web page) Since these elements are meant for a mouse cursor to hover them, this is not possible for someone using a touch screen. (See example below) It's crap like this that will infuriate most if not all people who play on mobile.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Sorry for the low quality. But this is an example of when you have on hover elements conflicting with each other. You trying to check something as simple as your booster cooldown can be a pain in the butt. People work around it, but it truly is an issue that shouldn't exist imo.
That said, don't expect playing on PC alone making you a better player or suddenly successful in Torn. I just know that my experience playing Torn on PC is far superior to anything I've ever been able to do on mobile. I can hardly even respond to people messages in Torn via mobile because of my fat fingers. I'm also a power user so I can navigate my computer (and Torn) very very quickly. If you are not someone who is a regular computer user, you might just find that you're actually slower trying to get around the clunky computer just to load up the website. xD
I use mobile specifically in emergency situations when I'm far away (literally on my couch) from my computer. My personal opinion is that the Torn mobile website is not optimized at all for mobile users. There are many many things that are just not implemented with mobile in mind. (Think of stuff like on-hover elements on a web page) Since these elements are meant for a mouse cursor to hover them, this is not possible for someone using a touch screen. (See example below) It's crap like this that will infuriate most if not all people who play on mobile.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Sorry for the low quality. But this is an example of when you have on hover elements conflicting with each other. You trying to check something as simple as your booster cooldown can be a pain in the butt. People work around it, but it truly is an issue that shouldn't exist imo.
Its tax time lmfao so I'm seriously considering a PC for me and my wife thank u for that detailed answer.
No problem! Keep in mind, you can play other games on a computer! There are countless things you can do with a PC to make it worth it. Even if it's not a very decent computer, you can throw on an emulator, grab an xbox controller, and play some old games to relive your youth.
You could also host yourself a little plex server and have your own little personal netflix. The sky is the limit.
You could also host yourself a little plex server and have your own little personal netflix. The sky is the limit.
Anyone who deals with large amounts of money on regular basis, should switch to PC imho.
Easily able to use multiple tabs itself is a great feature of PC.
And I suggest the mobile players to use kiwi or yandex browsers where you can use tamper mokey scripts along with torntools and doctorn.
If you have muggers on your tail because you were playing casino with high stakes or selling good items in your bazaar, you would want to move the money quickly.
Making ghost trades is easier on pc. Browsing through shortcuts. Having various bookmarks in front of you all the time itself is a great feature of pc.
You can open multiple chats and even then you can play torn unobstructed.
Some features are mainly dependant on the speed of your internet also. Please remember that all the time.
For new players, who are not well versed with various symbols in the mobile version, it is easier on pc as they are associated with the text on big screen.
A tab with browser which enables scripts is second best choice after PC.
Hope it helps.
Easily able to use multiple tabs itself is a great feature of PC.
And I suggest the mobile players to use kiwi or yandex browsers where you can use tamper mokey scripts along with torntools and doctorn.
If you have muggers on your tail because you were playing casino with high stakes or selling good items in your bazaar, you would want to move the money quickly.
Making ghost trades is easier on pc. Browsing through shortcuts. Having various bookmarks in front of you all the time itself is a great feature of pc.
You can open multiple chats and even then you can play torn unobstructed.
Some features are mainly dependant on the speed of your internet also. Please remember that all the time.
For new players, who are not well versed with various symbols in the mobile version, it is easier on pc as they are associated with the text on big screen.
A tab with browser which enables scripts is second best choice after PC.
Hope it helps.
I didn't know the Netflix part and yes! Call of duty black ops 1 zombies man !
Makes very much sense and I give you very much thanks! Lol
Graphics are way better on PC.
I'd need an Atari console to relive my youth...
Like dig dug, Pacman, Galactica etc..?
I use mobile specifically in emergency situations when I'm far away (literally on my couch) from my computer.
- This comment wins the thread.
In the evening, I'm the same, to an extent. I have a screen set up next to the couch so I can use my computer while watching TV, which is literally what I'm doing as I am typing this. If we are watching a movie though, all mobile.
As for during the day, I am almost always playing on computer (I work in IT, so I am always at a computer). The only time I am not using my computer for Torn is on my breaks or at lunch when I get out of the office.
I find computer much much easier to use, and of course, Torn Tools and other extensions really help. I understand there are mobile apps you can get to do these things, but being on an Apple device, it can be difficult.
Staff duties are also much easier to do on a computer.
TL:DR: I use PC 90% of the time. Mobile usually only when I don't have access to a computer or I'm feeling lazy.
- This comment wins the thread.
In the evening, I'm the same, to an extent. I have a screen set up next to the couch so I can use my computer while watching TV, which is literally what I'm doing as I am typing this. If we are watching a movie though, all mobile.
As for during the day, I am almost always playing on computer (I work in IT, so I am always at a computer). The only time I am not using my computer for Torn is on my breaks or at lunch when I get out of the office.
I find computer much much easier to use, and of course, Torn Tools and other extensions really help. I understand there are mobile apps you can get to do these things, but being on an Apple device, it can be difficult.
Staff duties are also much easier to do on a computer.
TL:DR: I use PC 90% of the time. Mobile usually only when I don't have access to a computer or I'm feeling lazy.
May I recommend this site?
I've found old DOS games I use to play when I was a kid on there. It's pretty amazing.
I've found old DOS games I use to play when I was a kid on there. It's pretty amazing.
Essentially they're the same, except for using a touchscreen on mobile and a mouse on PC. If you use browser scripts, you can use a browser instead of the app on your phone and have the same functionality as a browser on PC.
The same pros and cons of using a PC vs mobile for anything else apply:
- Bigger screen vs Portability
- Difference in connection speed
- KB/Mouse vs touchscreen
As others have said, the Torn app is really just a custom web browser designed specifically for Torn, and since Torn is a browser game, ease of use advantages/disadvantages of using PC or mobile apply to it.
A better question would be mobile browsers vs Torn app, but I don't use mobile enough to have any interest in that comparison. Generally when I play on mobile, I'm just logging in quickly to take care of timers/cooldowns, so I really have no investment in the question.
The same pros and cons of using a PC vs mobile for anything else apply:
- Bigger screen vs Portability
- Difference in connection speed
- KB/Mouse vs touchscreen
As others have said, the Torn app is really just a custom web browser designed specifically for Torn, and since Torn is a browser game, ease of use advantages/disadvantages of using PC or mobile apply to it.
A better question would be mobile browsers vs Torn app, but I don't use mobile enough to have any interest in that comparison. Generally when I play on mobile, I'm just logging in quickly to take care of timers/cooldowns, so I really have no investment in the question.
That's pretty much how I do it. I work as a sysadmin as well and I spent most of my time in front of a computer. Been trying to get away from the computer when I get home, but I generally fail miserably. Especially having been working from home on and off for a while now.
I can only imagine what staff tools for mobile might be like if they even exist. lol
I can only imagine what staff tools for mobile might be like if they even exist. lol
Basically the only thing I've noticed from pc is faster connectivity, and it's a lot faster to chain. If you're in the market for a pc specifically for torn get a low end pc (around 300$) then change the operating system to Linux (windows 10 eats up a lot of processor power and ram in the background) then use a lightweight browser.