Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Be Less White

Started by Tolshortte [648554] on in Politics & Law.

45 replies · 307 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 46 / 46 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
46
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Tolshortte [648554]
Be less white yall


ill let you guys go back and forth on this. for me its totally unacceptable for any race to be targeted like this. some of the pictures of the questions/answers is flat out ridiculous. the message is pretty clear.

This is not ok.

now back to building my life upon my privilege. just glad my minority clients are so accepting of my status.
Viracocha [1772040]
Lately all the commercials I see on TV increasingly show all but white race folk. Or they play demeaning roles, etc.

Its funny to watch honestly what folk are doing.

They don't expect a backlash?

Really?
Limpd [789073]
But really what are we supposed to do or be?if a white guy acts black then they call him out for not being black but if you say he's acting black what is black? It gets so confusing, then sometimes they call out black people for sounding too white lol



They are so woke they removed aunt jemima all together it's something different now,but as they say go woke go broke,I'm pretty sure some people bought aunt jemima and never thought twice about it me included
SporkMonkey [2065017]
Hey, can you try being less black, please? I don't care if you aren't black, just stop, k?

See how stupid that sounds?

A white woman telling anyone to be less white or stop living in "white spaces" while literally telling us this from the whitest space she could be in is

1. stupid
2. ironic
3. racist

Want to know how to create racists? Tell people they are racist and stop being something (like a color) that there is zero choice to be.

I would love for someone to tell her she is racist just so she can say "I'm not racist" and have her own words used against her.
Bhappychap [2270497]
Im not getting into the middle of this.

Its three slides, in a 47 minute course, out of context. I also dont drink soda, and actively boycott companies like Coke for completely different reasons. So I'm not going to melt over it.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
Something you and I can agree on - there are WAY better reasons to boycott Coke. Mainly the company ravaging third world countries of their clean water supply so they can make more of their highly addictive drink.

Coca Cola is a shitty company and a great example of corporate greed on the backs of people that cannot defend themselves.

At the same time, what would you expect to happen when a company says something stupid, like "be less white?"
Bhappychap [2270497]
Yup. And companies like coke hire pretty shady characters in these foreign lands. Back in my military days we had so many false positives for terrorist planning activity, only to figure out that they were these 'para military' type that would go in and start performing cia type operationa to get water rights, land, wells, or even change laws and allow proxy wars to start tonallow those grabs.

We can shit on the CIA, I like to, but they also go in and shut those operations down, and we rarely hear a word. Commercial company operations is a bit of a hidden tumor for America.
Sannemander [2088627]
I would be pretty angry to get a slight show like this at my work, this is so counter productive it's not even funny. Who the hell thinks that some cooperate crappy slideshow, which is actually pretty racist, fight racism? And I'm sure someone gets payed 300 dollars an hour for making that crap, it's literally a present for white supremacists.
Mrbig2 [2548299]
The process of demoralisation.
Once you have undergone full demoralisation you become one of them
Then you go on Internet and Gaslight people into thinking they aren’t saying what they’re saying or there’s nothing wrong with it
Sannemander [2088627]
The whole point is that you don't fight racism, by shaming white people, I fight racism, but I'm certainly not ashamed to be white, that is just f**king stupid. People that are ashamed to be white are just weak, they can't fight anything.

And what the hell, this whole slideshow is full of generalizations about white people, any white racist reading that thing would just be a little bit more racist after reading it.

I doubt many people fall for that shit.