Has anyone else been unceremoniously fired by Job Hopping Company owners? I think it's very frustrating to suddenly not have a job.
Bad Bosses
Started by -Listener- [2306068] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 35
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 60 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Sepulchrave [2092631]
· 24 likes ·
Aw...did Diddums wose his widdle job? [image: external-content.duckduckgo.com] - DUDE [1028023]
· 17 likes ·
It's not a big deal. You will find other one thousand noob bosses willing to employ you. Quit your crying - Patient [2131539]
· 6 likes ·
I worked as a dental assistant, and my boss was constantly sexually harassing me. She just would not stop. I've also worked at a financial firm where I was doing really well, and I thought I was going to get …
Mentioned in this thread
-Listener- [2306068] ×1
Wut?
It's not a big deal. You will find other one thousand noob bosses willing to employ you.
Quit your crying
Quit your crying
Here's a simple solution.
Remind your boss, you can't fire a slave. :P
Remind your boss, you can't fire a slave. :P
It happens, no big deal. A lot easier than RL.. Find the company you want in the newspaper and start at the top PMing every director asking for a job (include your stats). If you're active and you rehab you'll find a company as good or better in no time
Forgot to add, only pm the ones with openings otherwise you're just annoying
Forgot to add, only pm the ones with openings otherwise you're just annoying
f**k bosses, embrace the city jobs
(probably don't, i'm just sick of being expected to rehab every two f**kin days, for now)
(probably don't, i'm just sick of being expected to rehab every two f**kin days, for now)
I worked as a dental assistant, and my boss was constantly sexually harassing me. She just would not stop.
I've also worked at a financial firm where I was doing really well, and I thought I was going to get a really sweet promotion, but my boss there ended up giving the position to himself. What a putz. I left that hell hole.
So now I'm working at a chemical company, and my boss there was amazing, but he had a heart attack and died, so now his druggie son is taking over.
I've also worked at a financial firm where I was doing really well, and I thought I was going to get a really sweet promotion, but my boss there ended up giving the position to himself. What a putz. I left that hell hole.
So now I'm working at a chemical company, and my boss there was amazing, but he had a heart attack and died, so now his druggie son is taking over.
Need a hand with those old bosses?
They call me Motherf**ker Jones.
They call me Motherf**ker Jones.
It happens. There are enough companies that are out there that you can find another one. Like some said, check the papers and check the forums.
Company directors don't always know best, but they can do whatever they want, so until you start your own company, just go with the flow.
Company directors don't always know best, but they can do whatever they want, so until you start your own company, just go with the flow.
Update on this - I messaged him and hired him. He immediately went inactive. Will now be finding his replacement.
Edited for spelling error
Edited for spelling error
Directors don't you hate it when your employees dissappear for 2-3+ days with no notice wrecking up your income? Seems like grounds for a firing
Ops last action as of posting - 2 days ago
Ops last action as of posting - 2 days ago
I think it's very frustrating when employees go inactive or leave without notice (especially on Saturday/Sundays >.>), but hey that's just me! :P
How much of a crap employee were you when you got fired?
Still better than your boss charging you edvds for employing you
Yeah 10* AN directors should just run a charity and pay the obscene ad budget themselves
Active daily, and drug free or rehab
I'd fire you also for going two days inactive right after hiring you,
I'd fire you also for going two days inactive right after hiring you,
- -Listener- [2306068]
- Role: Civilian
- Level: 25
- Posts: 12
- Karma: 14
- Last Action: 2 days
Mentions: -Listener- [2306068]
It works both ways though. It's very frustrating when an employee leaves an hour or two before daily company reports.
Just have to look for another job for the employee, and for bosses, have to panick and try to fill in that one spot before the reports are released.
Just have to look for another job for the employee, and for bosses, have to panick and try to fill in that one spot before the reports are released.
Perhaps there's more to this?
Your activity streak is 0, longest run is 33 days. Looking at your activity history you miss Days fairly often.
If a company wants to stay at the top, they need active players. Perhaps this had something to do with it.
Your activity streak is 0, longest run is 33 days. Looking at your activity history you miss Days fairly often.
If a company wants to stay at the top, they need active players. Perhaps this had something to do with it.