Also on python, I can't recall how but to store your previous kills, before ending the program either have a button or automatically just write the data out to a file (it is easy, Im just old and so is my memory) and on starting the count again do the reverse and read back in the info from the same file.
I'm horrible with programming, even though I've had computers as an interest since like back in '87 and used to work in IT.
I've been trying to learn PY and of course I do find it hard, but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread: Decide to make something and then start reading up on functions etc and start putting individual functions together and then build it up and link it together.
The first thing I did was a small program that shows discspace, MACID and IP-number of the computer on which the program is run via a small menu. It was a good learning experience and not as complicated as I imagined it to be.
To start Python, it's pretty simple. You'll find tonnes of documentation online and tutorials on where to start and I suggest you fully exploit those resources. I have coded in python at an intermediate-higher level for a number of years, and the below was my progression.
Basics (Print statements, If statements, For statements, Simple variable storage)
Functional Programming (Programming whereby the program is run line by line in order via functions aka "def" statements)
End of Secondary School (I studied computer science at school and this is where secondary school programming capped off)
Basics 2.0 (How to effectively use If, For, and While statements to iterate and conditionally loop through segments of code, creation and manipulation of 2D arrays, return statements)
Libraries (Using user-created libraries to supplement my programs, such as numpy, which can help to reduce the size of a program due to the fact that certain libraries condense whole functions that would normally need to be manually programmed (such as square rooting and finding a standard deviation) into an inbuilt library function)
Object Oriented Programming (Call it programming 2.0, it's a relatively new method of programming which enables programmers to make "blueprints" of certain segments of code and initialise instances of those segments in bulk. OOP is incredibly useful for simulations, where you can make a "blueprint" of an individual (out of a group) you want to simulate, then just copy that blueprint with different features to fit your simulation accordingly. It will make more sense when you get to this level of programming)
End of College (I also studied computer science at college)
Applied Programming (Using programming in real life situations, often using an Arduino to do so (as you can code them using python). This is great for some simple robotics projects and it's pretty fun)
Applied Programming 2 (Part of my coursework was to create a python program alongside a project brief describing it's purpose. I created a small greenhouse which has a water distribution, light, CO2 and O2 system, with valves controlling the levels of each variable. I used an Arduino with a wireless connection to automatically measure levels of these variables then accordingly open or close valves. I loved this project)
Despite this being my progression, everyone has their own progression and learning journey in learning a programming language. I wish you the best of luck in learning python and I hope you'll enjoy learning to code!