Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Arrests

Started by 1722215 [1722215] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 276 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Toni [420210] ×1

1722215 [1722215]
So I just got this event:

Toni arrested you and claimed your $2,558,753 wanted reward [view] 22:05:44 11/03/21

I'm guessing this is done through a job special? Does it cost anything to do apart from e?
How is someone's reward calculated?
For those who arrest others, are there enough high reward players to justify staying in that company?

Mentions: Toni [420210]

Dracarys [2616230]
No it only costs 25 energy. It is a 3* Detective Agency special.


From the wiki
  • Reward for arresting a player was 10% of their crime income, but this has been increased to a now unconfirmed amount (Estimated to be 20%)
Armitage_Shanks [1686392]
If you manage to get into a 10* Detective Agency, you have the ability to use 25 job points to generate a list of players with the highest reward amounts.

Either use it yourself or some players may pay for it...
Patient [2131539]
I personally don't use the 10* special as I find the other job specials more profitable, so I mainly do arrests while chaining.

Over the course of a 10k chain, I made 127 attacks, about 1/4 of them being arrests, and ended up making somewhere between 40 and 50 million from the arrests. This amount is pretty typical for a chain as long as you know how to find targets to arrest without using the most wanted list.

The most common amount per arrest i've seen is 500k-1.5m, but it can range anywhere from like 50k for someone who just crossed the threshold to have a bounty, and I've seen as high as 3m for players who've gone a while without getting jailed.

Mugging has higher potential for money, but arresting is more consistent, and gives the same amount of respect as leaving someone. That on top of the money I get for my job specials makes it worth it.

The only downside is that you have to hit active players to see any benefit from it, and that tends to make me quite a few enemies, and retaliations come pretty quickly when I'm arresting, especially if the player's faction is chaining at the time.
DaDood [2204689]
"How is someone's reward calculated?"

The arrest award is based upon how much money the target earned from crimes since they last were jailed. When you get sent to jail by a crime fail, arrest, or bust fail, your arrest award is reset to 0. Since there is a merit for going to jail, I recommend failing a bust regularly to keep your arrest award low.