Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[49+R] Close gyms same as shops when DB hits!

Started by Plague_Doctor [1083237] on in Suggestions.

106 replies · 956 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 107 / 107 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
107
Discussion span
→
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Plague_Doctor [1083237]
So, I already know this won't end well, but my thought is that when a DB goes off, it would make sense to close Gyms along with the other shops when the DB threat is active.

Hear me out:

It would certainly create an interesting side effect of creating a group of vengeful players who now can't spend their energy on training for the next 6 hours or so, so they'll be very eager to spend their energy differently, by going after the faction responsible for detonating it.

And it would make the DB more than just a minor inconvenience for those not targeted.
Can't travel? Oh well. Can't even spend my energy to train? Okay time to break some jaws, ribs and other bones!

It would definitely spike the amount of violence in Torn, which is always nice. :)
Plus it makes sense they should be closed when everything else around them is closed.
Not to mention you're already barred from accessing gym when highly addicted anyway, so not like they're available 100% of the time

PS: Additional ideas or tweaks are welcome if you roll the idea over in your head

PPS: You can disagree without getting upset and without throwing insults. You should try it some time. :P

EDIT1: Received a feedback idea that Fitness Center companies could have Private Gym perk, allowing them to continue training.

EDIT2: Home gym on their PI should be allowed to train, makes sense no? Is there a gym in our PI? I honestly can't find it I'm blind.

There's a lot of tweaking space. Not a final idea.

Note: I like how some of those who dislike it went over to get their faction mates to come downvote it too, are you gym monkeys afraid of something? :)
Ara [2094582]
its not a bump if its already the highest thread besides the sticky threads lmao

idiot

which it is for this post too
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
it gives a bump for "number of posts within last hour" list of threads on the "Popular Threads" list.

And save your insults for someone who cares.
Ara [2094582]
oh lordy did i not know everything about torn forums

sounds like you care, heres another bumb for "popular threads" list
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
Cheers. :P

I do also add edits after I get some feedback from people who don't just straight up get upset about the idea.

There's difference between "caring" and simply "communicating"
Ravenix [2513780]
People can train their e before dropping/be stacking for whatever reason. its more of a nuisance to others than the person/faction dropping it.
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
How the deploying faction handles it is kinda irrelevant, it's supposed to influence the collateral people who aren't targetted.
Someone popped a DB.
Oh, what am I gonna do with my energy now?
Guess I'll go on a mugging spree or I'll go hosp a bunch of people from the faction that deployed it. Since we have the next 6 hours to sit through, might as well make them sit through the hospital time as well.
Guess I'll go do some revives (lol nah)?

Either way, more violence and rampages!
And people are too comfortable in their boring-ass routines of drugs->train->crimes->log out->repeat
Kata [1990396]
I like it because I think Ched is going in the wrong direction constantly reducing the consequences for everything.

If we keep making the game more friendly and less interesting, there won't be much game left.
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
Yes please, DBs only really seem to affect the target faction and newer players by messing up their 'plushie income' or beer from bobs or whatever. It really should shutdown the gym, the racetrack and the casino too, so that /most/ players get shafted too. Its a 40b+ item, it needs this kind of buff to mess up more peoples day, I reckon.

Bazaars could probably stay open as they're often just some crackhead hanging out down an alley with bare tubes hanging out of them after a haemolytic transfusion reaction
oraN [1778676]
No, close bazaars, close item market, might as well f**king close the entire game for that duration and go back to farmville or something