is Hunting skill is good or bad to have?
skills
Started by DinRy [2636299] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 14
- Likes on archived posts
- 26
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 67 / 100
- Historical score
- 32 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
Moved to Q - CookedPages [2473712]
· 1 likes ·
I was sure that was the case too, but I can't find them at all on the wiki or in the menus. Are they still obtainable?
It's good if you want to be better at hunting. Otherwise, there's nothing bad about it.
The only thing it’s good for are the merits when reaching 50, 75, and 100 hunting.
It's more irrelevant than good or bad.
It costs a lot of energy to get those 3 merits which could be better spent on other things.
If you want a steady and simple money maker that has next to 0 involvement with other players, hunting can work, there are many other ways to spend your energy and time that are far more profitable with decently low effort, most of them do rely on other players, so there's a bit of a trade off.
At high hunting levels you can make good money is it worth the e probably not but if you intend to travel to south africa alot while you are not stacking energy it can allow you to use energy that would otherwise be wasted if you dont like to mug people for the risk of making enemies or getting bounties.
There's 3 rare merits in it. Now the problem is that the reason they are rare is because they are absolutely not worth it.
I'd thought about getting hunting skill to 100, and once i get my stats to where I want em, get in a company that's got hunting money bonus, and possibly a faction for hunting bonus (unlikely though bc no right faction would have those perks) and live in SA. It'd be something to do when I want to take a break from torn and log in just to hunt.
Anyone here know how much you'd be making from a 150e bar with advanced hunting and 100 skill? Would it be worth it to even bother with? I'd heard stacking to 1k e with high skill gets a lot of $$$ awhile ago but I don't remember how much or where I heard it from :/
Anyone here know how much you'd be making from a 150e bar with advanced hunting and 100 skill? Would it be worth it to even bother with? I'd heard stacking to 1k e with high skill gets a lot of $$$ awhile ago but I don't remember how much or where I heard it from :/
Moved to Q
Like 2m, loss sellers make more, only upside is you don't need to talk to anybody
I'd suggest every time you go to africa, however many times that may be, just use the E% that you will get back from flying home anyway, if hunting skill isn't a top priority.
EDIT: apart from the downside of being attacked, if it happens. Xan will help, but personally, I'd use that for training...
EDIT: apart from the downside of being attacked, if it happens. Xan will help, but personally, I'd use that for training...
I think this is the travel message about hunting:
Building your hunting skill to 100 is a long slog, and will often be at the expense of increasing your normal fighting stats. This means that when you do return home from South Africa you're more likely to end up as a trophy on some jerk's wall, or as a tasteful lounge rug on a billionaire playboy's private island.
So... hunt at your own risk, lol.
Building your hunting skill to 100 is a long slog, and will often be at the expense of increasing your normal fighting stats. This means that when you do return home from South Africa you're more likely to end up as a trophy on some jerk's wall, or as a tasteful lounge rug on a billionaire playboy's private island.
So... hunt at your own risk, lol.
I was sure that was the case too, but I can't find them at all on the wiki or in the menus. Are they still obtainable?
Yeah they are still obtainable if you search “hunt” on Torn Stats they show up.
https://beta.tornstats.com/tools/awards
https://beta.tornstats.com/tools/awards
Iirc they’re listed under camos tab in awards.
Well that's stupid, thanks.
Based on the Hunting guide: This one
and the sheet related to it: Hunting Sheet
it takes 164,790 energy (without Tiger x5 Events / happens every year, makes energy used gives 5 times more hunting exp );
While not recommended to go after, if you like to hunt merits, you can get some income whilewaste over 160k of energy get up to 3 merits.
and the sheet related to it: Hunting Sheet
it takes 164,790 energy (without Tiger x5 Events / happens every year, makes energy used gives 5 times more hunting exp );
While not recommended to go after, if you like to hunt merits, you can get some income while
Mentions: The Complete Guide to World Tiger Day