Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Egg hidden behind logs

Started by Bantor [2179037] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 100 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Bantor [2179037]
I opened the activity log, clicked the view log to open it in a new tab. All logs are visible.

Then I selected a category. In the fraction of a second that it was loading I noticed a blue egg.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Then it completed loading and it covered the egg. This was from the category [All categories] to the category [gym].

In the category [Account closure] (which is empty obviously), the egg was visible.

Going back to the category [gym] hid it again. At first, I assumed that was because there were many logs.
Strangely enough, when I went to the category [Ammo incoming], which has plenty of logs too, it became visible on top of the logs area. That's when I thought that maybe it could be because the logs are shorter. The logs in [ammo incoming] are shorter compared to the logs in [gym], allowing the egg to be visible on that location.

I didn't want it to be lost,so I clicked the egg and obtained it.
04:32:43 - 20/04/2021 You picked up a Blue Easter Egg gaining $100,000

___
While I can add more screenshots, in fact even show the 33sec recording of me looking when it is visible and when not (roughly the steps described above), I wont, since I need to edit every single image/frame to avoid making everything visible in my activity log available to everyone in Torn. That is why it took me some time before I made this report. I tried, but gave up since it takes too much time.

Note: Unlike other reports I read about eggs, I was able to obtain it. The fact that it depends on the selected category whether the egg is visible and obtainable on this page, is what I report here.
kapnobatai [2623426] Admin Staff
I've tried to reproduce it and this is what I was able to see - https://gyazo.com/ce69210184a2a21f67dfe292bdf7f667
This is a known behavior, when loaded content pushes the egg somewhere down. I'm still thinking how to solve this and whether it's solvable with the current architecture.
Bantor [2179037]
In my case it was not pushed down. It was there (probably in every category), just hidden behind the log. My assumption is that it's placed in the background, while the text of the log is in front of it, effectively hiding the egg.
Bantor [2179037]
Because, if it was pushed down, then it would appear on a different place on the page. Yet when changing to other categories it was (if visible) at the same place.

Edit: But that could depend on the selected category. You are probably right.
Edit2: But to me that still doesnt make sense. How can it be moved down in the category [Gym], but be visible at the [Ammo incoming] category? Doesnt that have many logs in it as well? Does that have to do with the length of each log in the selected category?
protokop [2639705]
I had a similar thing happen at the start of the hunt on the logs page... the egg was not visible until i loaded more log items and scrolled further down... the egg went from not visible to visible further down the page after the page was longer