Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Script rules question

Started by SuperMarteh [1556858] on in Questions & Answers.

22 replies · 448 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Unlucky [2472585]
A) You've had "worthy answers" all the way through. The script you keep talking about wont work unless you break the rules. How would making an illegal script force a rethink on rules, unless you want more freedom for scripters?

B)I don't get what your point is? I never said these things don't exist?

C) Your intentions are in no way clear. They flip flop between "I want to make (or rather, have made) a script that gives some players a huge advantage" and "Playing a text based game to script seems counter productive to the idea of playing a game for fun."

Somewhat amusingly is I share most of your opinions, I think scripting has become to prevalent and reasonable steps should be done to stop automation of the game.

My problem comes as you've tried to share your opinion in the form of a bad faith question and you've ignored the fact that its been shot down.

Hence my point you're either a troll or an idiot
SuperMarteh [1556858]
As I have admitted in another thread, clearly I have been somewhat flippant and sarcastic in some of my posts on the subject of scripting. Dismissing me as “a troll or an idiot” isn’t adding to the discussion though.

I made this post with the intention of finding out if the idea was possible with use of the API. Again, I asked the question. Yes it was answered but some of the replies went beyond “flippant or sarcastic” into just rude. And there’s no need for that.

Im trying to discuss an aspect of the game that I believe is detracting from the quality the game has as a text based RPG. Some disagree with that view - as they are fully entitled to do - but seem to not be able to express that disagreement in a way that doesn’t involve some form of personal attack.

This isn’t just true of this thread but the many others that discuss this topic.

At the end of the day, the trolls are simply forgetting that I, and others, don’t give a flying f**k what you have to say when you make yourself look literally retarded by resorting to a personal attack because you can’t find more reasoned arguments.

Once again, by all means, DISAGREE, R-, bounty me, tell me WHY I’m wrong! Don’t personally attack me! Thanks!
Unlucky [2472585]
People are more likely to have a reasonable discussion with you if you are not Flippant or Sarcastic. People are also more likely to have a discussion with you if you don't argue in bad faith.

Your whole "I want to build a script to mug people withdrawing stocks profit" was shown to be non-viable in the first 5-6 posts in this thread. Then you started flip flopping around with "ACHUALLY I was just trying to prove how bad scripts are"

That's why you're being called a troll, I've not seen your other posts but I imagine your attitude is probably why your receiving bounties and insults there too.