Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Phone vs Computer playing Torn

Started by Crie [2176937] on in General Discussion.

65 replies · 1.39k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
66
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Crie [2176937]
I had an internal debate with myself, and couldn't see the benefits of switching to playing Torn on my phone.

Alongside my curiosity, I wanted to know the errors/differences people have experienced while on a different device.
Big-Ounce [2003220]
Computers is pretty much always better for torn than phone. What takes 2 secs on a pc will take you much longer on the phone and I usually experience more lag on a mobile browser. And scrips are a factor too.
Zachjuv [2015134]
Mobile is perfectly fine for most basic things. Training, crimes, flying. Even chaining and waring with a little direction from your faction.

Where you will run into problems is things like trading. Not to say that you cant trade from mobile but you are definitely going to be struggling relative to the PC players, but with a buy up stuff and then fly/hosp to sell type strat you can probably get by.

For faction warfare I do think you need some people in leadership to be on PC. You will certainly be battling against the limitations of controls and screen real estate with mobile when trying to coordinate things between the game and discord. You could do it without a PC, I have no doubt some are, but you'd be working harder.
MimeFaceKiller [1518389]
Phone 90% I use kiwi browser so can run add-ons and have the app to get notifications.

For wars computer is better for rolling boosters and stalking online people but can still chain fine on mobile.

Also phone for poop time, got to get 3 Xanax a day :)
aaronachnid [2554633]
I used to be 100% on PC, but when I was made redundant earlier in the year I no.longer had access to my work computer so have switch to 90% mobile. After a while, you get the hang of mobile, but things like having multiple tabs open doing different things and even basic things like being able to link a forum post or have discord and torn chat open at the same time are more tedious. I'd recommend a pc over mobile any day, but the mobile isn't terrible for most things - the devs have done a good job with it.
Wollongong [12833]
I play on computer just like I did before smartphones were a thing. Now I also play torn using my phone when I cannot access my computer.
Magic_Munki [2386359]
Yeah i agree with the above posters.... Much smoother on PC and scripts play a huge factor. But when you can't be at your PC, you needa pop a Xan. Then it's Mobile time...
MadLadd [2315361]
I found playing on mobile a bit tedious, mostly because Kiwi browser wasn't giving me notifications on a good basis. But ever since I started using Torn PDA, playing on mobile has been quite... Enjoyable if I may say so.

But always, if possible, I would go for playing on PC. Apart from the bigger screen, things are smoother, there's also less lag (sometimes).

So yea, I'm using both whenever. Also, whenever I'm in bed and the computer seems out of reach (literally I gotta get out of bed and I reach the PC) because I'm lazy, I go for phone.
Solor [2476035]
For me personally my shitty laptop takes 15 - 30 seconds to load a single page where as my phone will do it in 5 seconds max. Playing torn on my laptop is virtually impossible unless I want to spend 5 minutes waiting and looking at white screen when browsing market for few items.

Not to mention to convenience of my phone. I can be out and abouts shopping and can quickly take 10 seconds to take my Xanax and train and continue with my day. I don't have to be tied to my house anymore if I wanted to play torn.
Brakier [2095393]
i play computer, phone when i am forced to, i hate phones, they are instruments from hell, i hate people calling me, if i could i would destroy it, but i need it as im a parent.