Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Flagged suspicious

Started by DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee on in Questions & Answers.

185 replies · 5.05k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 186 / 186 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
186
Discussion span
→
Authority score
74 / 100
Historical score
52 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
88 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Kelsie [340367] ×1

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
I just got a message that I was flagged as having suspicious activity. Did other, legit, accounts also experience this before?


[image: i.imgur.com]

Note: I understand this is part of a kind of anti-cheat mechanism, possibly part of the system to get rid of regular captchas where you'll only get them when flagged? Just wondering if other's also got this.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
Yep someone in my faction has experienced this as well.

A new captcha system is being tested, there were apparently 327 accounts flagged.

edit: Didn't scroll :P
Punish3r [671176]
Yeah dekleine I signed on torn mobile app this morning and was flagged as wel. Spoke with bogie. He asked me if I was using anything just told him DocTorn and Torntools. Also have some on tampermonkey but all legit, most of them I don’t even think work anymore. Asked if I had an auto refresher which I denied because I don’t. No idea, clapped some fools last night mugging

*shrug*
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Yep, we're testing a new captcha system since Tuesday and its been recording user activity and pushed the new captcha to test today. Any serious issues please let me know but I cannot give more information than that and what is posted already here. We're continuing to make refinements based on feedback.

The majority of players won't experience this.
bzzt [2465413]
"pushed the new captcha to test today"

Wait! WHAT?!?!?!

My OCD is through the roof... today's not Tuesday

edit for typo
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
I'm only using TT (v5 + the in development v6), ArsonWarehouse (which only does something when clicking the off-site icon, so barely any effect) and maybe some Tampermonkey scripts. Nothing illegal, unless they've changed the internal rules silently again and decided some things are illegal suddendly.
biosterous [2377874] Wiki Contributor
reminder: tuesday is the day where they tell us what's changed this week, as well as the day for major changes. minor stuff happens throughout the week, we just don't find out officially until tuesdays :)
SpeedSkateR [10106]
I find this really interesting as a pretty basic torn player. My playstyle doesn’t even benefit from using scripts and those I do have, are on my laptop that I use 5% of the time. It does seem to occur more frequently if I do switch from mobile to laptop which seems to be something that’s going to really hinder muggers if that is a flag. Curious to see how this develops.
TTTZ [2572033]
i got this today too. I dont use any tools nor extensions.

However I am developing my bot so I do a lot of testing api calls...
-Raul- [2673462]
You people atleast use scripts. I only play on mobile. I used Torn Tools once on PC to see what it's all about. I found nothing that can benefit a casual 10 days old player, so I didn't continue using it. Came back to using the app.

Yet I was flagged for suspicious activity :(
Brakier [2095393]
I hope this will able to catch all people using automatic illegal scripts. Hopefully it gets refined so innocent dont have to suffer
JackKelly [2271177]
If you found nothing on Torn Tools that can benefit a casual 10 day old player, then maybe at ten days a casual player doesn't know whats beneficial or not. Maybe give it another shot when you've played for longer. Or don't, it doesn't matter.

Also, i was flagged by the captcha thing also.