Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn will or beneficiary with RIP status

Started by Charra [2230731] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 125 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Charra [2230731]
Hello fellow Torn mates.. I've had an idea on my mind for quite some time now so I wanted to throw it out there for everyone else.

I'm quite a bit younger in game than most, but I know many of us have invested a lot of time, emotion, and money into Torn. It has become our second home, where we have friends we consider family, and where we have even made some long term real life friends. (Recently just met my best friend in person for the first time and it was magical! Love you, Little_Miss_J!)

With all that we have invested into Torn, I thought it would be an interesting idea if we could designate a beneficiary for our accrued items. After all, we work our ass off for them and it would be nice to help out other loved ones/friends in the event of something detrimental happening to us.

I don't think it should be complicated as to not be an overburden to staff. Something to the effect of having ONE single benificiary to items we have in our inventory and displays, and cash on hand. The requirement being, of course, that we would have to have official RIP status. Integrate a section into player settings where we could name one single individual to "inherit" the items/cash on hand. The beneficiary would only be known to the person naming them and to staff when they go in to change the account status. And no, I don't mean PlayerX gets my combat pants, PlayerZ gets my DBK. I mean everything to one player only.

I'm sure this seems a bit overboard to some players but if something were to happen to me, I'd love for my items/money to go to a special someone to help them out in Torn.

Thanks for reading!

Char
Little_Miss_J [2344751]
I think that's a nice gesture. Would be interesting to know how hard or easy that would be to implement, and also how many people would take interest in it.
Fishbum [2009144]
This has been suggested already. Search the suggestion forum and find the topic, it already has some upvotes. You'd stand a better chance of reviving it and starting with what they have over starting fresh.

I don't like the idea personally. There are far more important things to worry about when I die, this game wouldn't even make the top 100. Others disagree with me hence the advice to find the other thread.

R-
Butters [34298]
Disagree - if a person knows they will be departing this mortal coil and cares enough about the game to worry about their possessions and cash then they can distribute it beforehand. It a person departs suddenly then the idea of picking over the contents of their account and shovelling it out to "beneficiaries" makes me more than a little uncomfortable.

Ultimately people put effort into playing to build their account in the game, not to have the proceeds of that effort automatically handed out to other players accounts, so I don't feel like this should ever be a thing.