Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Changes to npc fights

Started by Big-Ounce [2003220] on in General Discussion.

13 replies · 417 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
29
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Big-Ounce [2003220]
Npcs have had their health bar increased Duke,Fernando and jimmy have had increases of 0.5 million and Leslie has had an increase of 1 million. But at the same time the number of simultaneous attackers has also been increased. Do you think the fights are going to last any longer or are the npc’s going to go down faster.

Edit: I think Jimmy was just as fast to take down as before with the increased number of players.
Hemigidius [2157705]
I personally believe they will die at the same speed, if not faster, 30 extra attackers is huge for the small health increase.

Testing is needed though.
Vrocks [2577848]
More changes that no one asked for, NPCs fights just got chedded imo because

- Decreased chance of loot drop
- More people means NPCs will die few seconds before level 4 more often (Time will tell if the HP increase is enough to balance this)
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
If its the same then that means we got the numbers right, we're quite happy with the existing times but will be watching to make changes as necessary.

Server improvements and the 1s delay have allowed us to make increases to the attacking player limits without worrying about it causing additional lag or issues, a lot of people have been asking for higher attack limits, but I can understand why those who were already making it in the first 70 feel hard done by - but its not a personal attack against you - it's a case of more people getting a fair shot.
nex [2054500]
Personally I think the NPCs should've have their life doubled or even more, but I did manage to get 24 hits in on Leslie after this change and that didn't happen often before so I'm liking it so far.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Average time Leslie took to defeat last week was approximately 31 seconds each time he was looted (there's outliers here and there, 20-40s seems to be the range for Leslie), this most recent fight against him was around 30 seconds or so. (Hard to say for sure in any case as people join beforehand, I count at the point where people properly began attacking in each case). So if this continues it looks fine! We're happy with the attack timers as they stand, but we'll continue to monitor.

SkinnyPeen [2176021]
Hopefully duke and gang going down the hospital for such crazy, experimental treatments to extend their life will in turn see THS share prices on the rise, that shit surely isn't cheap. I reckon the Easter Bunny paid for his with church funds too, the smarmy git
Securop [2247082] Officer Officer
So this means ppl need to spend more energy to have a chance on getting loot? E.g. if 100 people are able to get 4 items, less chance of getting something. Normally 50 70 ppl with 4 items. Or am I missing something here?
nex [2054500]
I guess me being able to get my 24 hits in is due to less lag between clicking my weapon and waiting for those dots to disappear so I can click again, then. Either way I'm happy my weapon XP leveling and escape merit hunting gets a bit of a boost. 😂
UniqueDream [2621818]
Typical torn! A few people sulk and make a fuss in the forums cos they aren’t as good as others and the whole thing changes, blah blah blah!