Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Retrieving logs for Google Sheets

Started by Jubsu [2674033] on in API Development.

2 replies · 138 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Jubsu [2674033]
Hi,
I'm making a google spreadsheet that simply gives me statistics of my trades. I started by copying the related log files manually in and that works nicely. Naturally I'd want to automate this with API using addons.
I can't make it work however. All I can extract is a 100 lines from a log, even with to/from.

Can it really be that the best way to do this is manual copy/paste?
seintz [2460991]
You can make an AppScript for your spreadsheet to get logs every 5 minutes, manipulate them and update the spreadsheet

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that with new logs you can scrape them using logtype and logcategories, so you get 100 entries of that specific type (trade in your case)
Diking [1951369]
I’ve got a friend who pulled the entire log history so I assume it’s possible, but I don’t know specifics. You can only pull 100 at a time