Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Finished education

Started by Crazyjm0880 [1978745] on in Achievements.

27 replies · 708 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Crazyjm0880 [1978745]
I'm fairly certain that no one cares but I have finished all education courses in 5 yrs 3 mths 20 days. For me as a player it's a massive achievement for me.
SirEdge [2609907]
so 4 merits for courses and 12 merits for bachelors aren't enough? I mean, I like merits like the next guy does, but it seems like this already has a fair number of merits. Racing only gets 6 and takes far more player involvement over (granted) a shorter period of time.
Taxxon [882264]
It would seem like to me getting them all should be an award. I few people have agreed. Racing isn't as important to the game at the moment as Educations are and havent been part of the game as long either.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
Congrats! I am on track to be done on December 21, 2021, meaning it'll have taken me 4 years, 7 months, and 1 day.

Like you, not the fastest out there. I long ago reset my merits out of edu and left my FC job.

What class did you finish last?
SirEdge [2609907]
Engagement is what is important to the game. Education has been around longer and takes longer to complete, albeit less actual effort. I have already granted these points. But if education isn't bringing some players back week after week like racing is, then I would find it no small thing to be dismissed out of hand, as you seem to be doing.
Taxxon [882264]
Well Actually my finishing my Educations made me move onto another goal. Which has be playing more; so it is all in perspective. I'd like to know what makes you think Racing is bringing guys back weekly like you are saying. I did do racing for awhile when I came back but it its very dull to do and not very engaging either. Maybe a little more than educations but it doesnt unlock anything which educations do and will actually increase your involvement with the game.
SirEdge [2609907]
There is a whole group of people that participate on Torn generally, but especially in racing. I find them very engaging to play the game with. They are generally kind, if a little ardent in their opinions. Between them and my faction, I have little reason to leave the game, as I believe you expressed you did. In fact, I think this is quite possibly the longest I have ever stuck with a single game. And racing is part of it. Education.. not so much. But I am glad for the bonuses and abilities it opens up.
Crazyjm0880 [1978745]
I did law as my final course. Made sense to me. But that's impressive as shut if u can finish that soon. It probably would had taken me less time if I had joined a FC years ago. But, between running 2 companies over the past few yrs it took me a minute to get into a FC.
Triple68 [2660601]
5 years? OMG... that's a long time...
Based on that, I would finish all my edu in 2026...
hmmmm...