Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

PI Vault Tracking

Started by HeroofTime55 [2575621] on in Suggestions.

11 replies · 118 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

HeroofTime55 [2575621]
I know this was certainly suggested before, but, you can add it to the points shop as a "prenup" (I suggest 50 points?) that adds the feature if both partners have the prenup item purchased. Probably can do other cool things with that purchase as well, but the big one is probably going to be vault tracking, etc.

TornTools tries to track balances, but it's really awful and buggy at it, it's no substitute for an authentic tracker.
Elizabeth [2339829]
You're definitely right that TornTools's vault balance tracking is pretty buggy, no argument there. But pre-nups opens spouses up to vault abuse (ie, one fills the vault up entirely, preventing the other from using it at all). Not to mention, eh, I think you just gotta trust your spouse(s) not to steal your money just as much as they trust you not to steal theirs.

R-

~ E
LockeDannon [2664355]
FYI, Torn PDA just updated and put in a very nice vault tracker. Its worked beautifully since implementation. In case you wanted go check it out.
nezha [1288709]
Well no shit you have to trust your spouse. If a spouse gets scammed that's on them for trusting the wrong person. All the OP is suggesting is another tool to track (your own) vault balance.
ProfCaveman [1939658]
Might be more appropriate to be able to make a hard split on the amount of space in the vault; $100mil vault split evenly for $50mil worth of space for each member, or split unevenly. My irl wife doesn't play but has an account and lives in my PI so of course I would get full capacity, but two active married players should get even space.
LonelySnowflake [2680183]
umm I think TornTools one works just fine.. didnt notice any bugs but then im new and my spouse doesnt use the vault too mcuh so I dont have a lot of experience using it too much
Simmeltron [2945165]
I believe TornTools removed their vault tracker a couple years ago? Does TornPDA still have this feature? If so, where is it?? And alternatively, are there any good scripts that help make this feature a reality?
TIA!
JackKelly [2271177]
You are correct, torntools removed their vault tracker, but since this thread was made in June 2021, that had not happened yet.

If tornpda had this feature, it would likely be pretty easy to find. i don't use it, so don't if it does or not, but am confident it would be obvious if they had it.

I use this for pc, it is kind of clunky and comes with a lot of extra shit I dont really want, but can't find a stand alone script.

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=67&t=16208993&b=0&a=0

Mentions: [Tampermonkey] AquaTools

Kwack [2190604]
TornPDA is meant to have a vault tracker. Last I checked it was working fine, although I'm currently flying so I can't double check.

A widget should show up the top when you open the vault page.

TTs was discontinued as none of the developers had active marriages, or the time to develop it.

The major issue vault tracking has is anything simple fails if you're using more than one device. This could be circumvented by using a backend server to track it, but tracking and submitting when users withdraw money from their vault will almost never end well.