Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Same Second hits

Started by Bumfluff [969606] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

10 replies · 288 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
6
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
Logs are using rounded timestamp, so it may sometimes show the same values when rela difference is close to a second. As I can see, the whole attack actually lasted exactly about 5 seconds? Perhaps you have an example with bigger amount of moves, that you was able to finish faster than it should be possible?
Bumfluff [969606] Wiki Contributor
I don’t understand how that would work even when rounded.

If it’s a second apart it would round to the next number, no?

i.e. 10.00001 seconds rounds to 10, 11.00002 rounds to 11 no?

edit: Without trawling through attack logs, no I can’t say I have noticed it before
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
10.00001 will result in 10, and 10.99999 will also result in 10. There is also a delay in the logs savings transactions, so actual timing of processing your hits and when and what was saved to the final log may be a little different.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
10.00001 will result in 10, and 10.99999
But that’s not 1 second apart?

I suppose it's not. Maybe there's some slight difference in synchronisation between servers, or maybe the delay isn't kicking in when it needs to occasionally.
Bumfluff [969606] Wiki Contributor
If it’s not an issue, then it’s not an issue - just thought I would raise it regardless at least to check it’s working as expected
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Confirming for Joe to check if we need to do anything else with regards to this.

Thanks..!!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
This is for Pavel to check I believe. There is no question that there should be a minimum of 1 second between each turn.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
I checked the watefrall at prod - as seems to be working as expected. The 'issue' with log I described is the cause of confusion here I believe, however that's how it works with current flow.