Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Wiki Redirect Issue

Started by Ampheromine [2065865] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 159 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

Ampheromine [2065865]
When you are on a specific player's page and click the Wiki from there, it does not take you to Profiles as it usually has, but rather tries to create a URL based on that player:

[image: i.imgur.com]
Here you can see I'm on my own profile page, with URL.

[image: i.imgur.com]
When I hover over the Wiki link, I can see a preview URL that specifies my profile, which obviously the Wiki doesn't actually have a page for. Upon clicking the link, I get...

[image: i.imgur.com]

I was directed by the ever pleasant effervescent CloudJumble to post here. Let me know if I need more screenshots. (Note: the blob emoji was added by me for funsies. It is not part of the bug.)
Trychy00 [1973090] Wiki Contributor
I will add to this report

1. Whenever you go back to the home page, the wiki for the next area you visit will always link you to the wikis main page
2. When you refresh multiple TORN pages at the same time, the wiki link for all of them will be whichever page is able to load first
3. When you open multiple TORN pages at the same time, the wiki link for all of them will be whichever page you opened last
4. The front page of companies is incorrectly linking to joblist (Company)
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I can see these are issues, but I don't know how to resolve them. I actually don't know where or how this system works. I'll hold on to this for now and pass it over to a front-end developer who works with the header when they have some availability.