So I'm trying to figure out why i should keep playing this game. Does it get more interesting eventually? i just seem to go through the same grind everyday to get cash and train but it seems pretty pointless. I dont really get into the social side of the game much so what's left? I do races, hunting, education etc. but it feels like Im just getting nowhere really. I'd just like some other opinions.
Why keep playing?
Started by Doops [2545194] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 48 / 48 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 48
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 39 / 100
- Historical score
- 29 / 100
- Story score
- 62 / 100
- Engagement score
- 75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Mysteria [276863]
· 23 likes ·
Maybe look around for a new faction see if you can find one that gets your interest socially. TBH it’s the people that make the game what it is. - SporkMonkey [2065017]
· 21 likes ·
Torn has an end-game boss. BodyBagger. He is a dynamic, ever growing end-game boss. He's easy to talk to, as well, if you have questions and ask for advice respectfully. - Hamr [2027992]
· 20 likes ·
Sunk cost fallacy. I've put too much in to back out now
cuz
I play because sugarvalves sends me feet pics every Tuesday
Sunk cost fallacy.
I've put too much in to back out now
I've put too much in to back out now
Maybe look around for a new faction see if you can find one that gets your interest socially. TBH it’s the people that make the game what it is.
I think there has to be certain point, where you will get into the game and understand it yourself. The best advice would be to find a good faction which eventually becomes your family. Trust me, you will know when you want to keep playing.
Join an active growing faction to see what the game is actually all about.
Without an "endgame boss", a perpetual game like this doesn't dish out the excitement by itself. What I've been told by longer-playing members (look at my age, I'm new myself) is that the fun of the game comes from the goals you put into it. For some it's the competitive spirit (hopefully faction warring shows its face again soon, from what I hear), for some they like being merchants and traders, others live for official competitions, and a lot have personal goals with their faction, crimes, stats, networth, etc that they like striving for.
But, if none of that appeals to you, then I can understand why Torn seems a bit flat. The purpose of a game is to be fun, and if this is no longer fun then there ya go. For me personally, I really enjoy the challenge of bounty hunting. Hitting an offline target is just business, but when someone is actively running and flying and trying to avoid having their bounty claimed, that chase is a lot of fun to take part in.
Hope you find something worth playing for! If not, I hope you find your fun at least somewhere, whichever game that might be.
But, if none of that appeals to you, then I can understand why Torn seems a bit flat. The purpose of a game is to be fun, and if this is no longer fun then there ya go. For me personally, I really enjoy the challenge of bounty hunting. Hitting an offline target is just business, but when someone is actively running and flying and trying to avoid having their bounty claimed, that chase is a lot of fun to take part in.
Hope you find something worth playing for! If not, I hope you find your fun at least somewhere, whichever game that might be.
Torn has an end-game boss.
BodyBagger.
He is a dynamic, ever growing end-game boss.
He's easy to talk to, as well, if you have questions and ask for advice respectfully.
BodyBagger.
He is a dynamic, ever growing end-game boss.
He's easy to talk to, as well, if you have questions and ask for advice respectfully.
I stand corrected. Well, Doops, you have your answer. I want to see Xanax and SE all taken religiously from this point forward.
Ched should really use staff hax and stealth him to see what happens
And the battle logs show him using Penelope to beat him, too
I'm here for the people at this point, the game itself offers very little to get excited about, except the PROSPECT that it may just become interesting to play again.
I know, I know ....."soon"
I personally couldnt imagine being a new player and being/staying interested in this game, honestly. At least us older players can remember a time where it was actually cool to play.
This isn't a "OMGFIXTHEGAME Rant", I just truly cannot fathom how a new player signs up, plays the game in its current state and says "yeah, this is awesome! Think i'll hang out a while".
I'd totally quit if I was you, OP.... right after you send me all of your stuff :-)
I know, I know ....."soon"
I personally couldnt imagine being a new player and being/staying interested in this game, honestly. At least us older players can remember a time where it was actually cool to play.
This isn't a "OMGFIXTHEGAME Rant", I just truly cannot fathom how a new player signs up, plays the game in its current state and says "yeah, this is awesome! Think i'll hang out a while".
I'd totally quit if I was you, OP.... right after you send me all of your stuff :-)
Become strong and laugh at those worse off than you (Then help them when they prove themselves of course)
ya really got to try getting into the social aspect of the game to enjoy it more fully
After playing for a year, something has kept you here.
You could try not playing for a while, if you don’t miss it, you can move
You could try not playing for a while, if you don’t miss it, you can move
For me, it’s a number thing. As I slowly train my battle stats, while also accomplishing some of my personal goals on Torn.
Like, next year, I’m trying to focus more on the business/trade side for Torn (income).
My advice, Torn can’t give u ur goals. Only u can. So look around, and see what goals u can give to urself.
Like, next year, I’m trying to focus more on the business/trade side for Torn (income).
My advice, Torn can’t give u ur goals. Only u can. So look around, and see what goals u can give to urself.
Yes it does.
You've pinpointed your own problem: "I dont really get into the social side of the game much so what's left?"
You don't have to be a social butterfly, but without the spark of other people this game would be the pointless grind you are experiencing. If you truly want a non-social game, this may not be the right one for you. But give the full TORN experience a chance before you write it off.
Find a faction you like, join in a bit. Or become a troll, if you bend that way. We're all getting nowhere -- we're just enjoying the journey more than you. Because, people.
You don't have to be a social butterfly, but without the spark of other people this game would be the pointless grind you are experiencing. If you truly want a non-social game, this may not be the right one for you. But give the full TORN experience a chance before you write it off.
Find a faction you like, join in a bit. Or become a troll, if you bend that way. We're all getting nowhere -- we're just enjoying the journey more than you. Because, people.
just like a good movie, you'd like to stay to see the ending