Yeah, sure, https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2701862, you're just my faction leader needing to help a friend get started. Lol
Does this actually ever work?
Mentions:
Eronic [2701862]
I thought it was pretty hilarious, tbh. I mean scamming is a legit strategy. But come on, not even a Spanish prisoner?
I dont get it. He’s fedded?
You wanna add any context?
It probably works on some noobs, especially if english isn't their first language. It must work to a degree, otherwise these scammers wouldn't be at this same strategy for years.
there's low effort scammers and then there's low effort threads in forums
I think its same person whos doing this.
Oh, I didn't think I'd need to add much more context. It's pretty self explanatory, no?
For those who don't get it, a very old con, dating to before the US Postal department, is sending a message pretending to be a friend in need.
Interestingly, some scammers today put some real effort into it to success. They find someone who already doesn't use Facebook much, but just enough to have a presence, carefully choose the victims connected to them, and do research. THOSE are true "artists"...
Low effort forum post..
Add some screenshot goddammit
If you're talking about low effort scammers then
here you go (from a mate).
All it usually takes is some common sense and basic online game experience not to fall for it really.
Not even a clicky link, I'm disappointed.
Finally someone who explains what the scam was.
The hero we all needed
Ngl that’s a pretty smart scam.
Give me cash for reasons and things.
Does that count?