Have you or someone you’ve known ever had a ball python? What was your experience? List some pros and cons if you can.
Thank you!
I myself haven't had a ball, but I have done extensive research on them. They are often referred to as the pet rocks of the snake hobby. If you want something docile that's going to just chill they're the way to go. They can be notorious for hunger strikes, refusing food for months at a time. They're also a fairly reasonable size making for a somewhat reasonable enclosure, 3'x2'ish as an adult. They are long lived so that can be a pro or a con. They are also easy to come by and come in a ton of morphs. Blue eyed Lucy's being one of my favourite.
Check out Clint's reptiles on YouTube. He covers a massive variety of both reasonable and completely outlandish pets and gives you a quick over view in the series named "best pet reptile".
That’s a big plus for me, them being docile or relatively chill. I’m hearing the hunger strike isn’t so bad as long as they’re not losing size. Frozen mice would be the route I would like to take, and am wondering how difficult that may be seeing as they’re picky eaters. I would definitely go male for the slightly smaller size.
I just watched a couple of Clint’s videos last night, as well as Chris Hardwick. One about morphs caught my attention, with Clint showing the slight wobble of the Spider. That was one of my favorite looks on MorphMarket but now I’m not sure.
I recommend checking out a video by GoHerping on spider morphs. I’ve never owned a BP, but I definitely don’t think spider is the way to go.
note: will come back and add a link to the video later - I’m in bed and on mobile atm