Should there be car experience like weapon experience?
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 26
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 4
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Rogue [1873490]
· 8 likes ·
The class B commerce record was the first time I had ever raced that car. I bought it, loaded it with upgrades and raced it. Lap record... Seems that should not be possible if car experience exists. - Lightor [2215463] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Nothing to support this theory, just people trying to explain RNG. Some like to believe it and we tolerate it. - Lightor [2215463] Officer
· 1 likes ·
30+ is unfortunately still part of the beginning of the spectrum with the game age of many players, it is hard to compare it with other skills as racing takes much more time and dedication but as with the other …
no
I guess the question is what do we want racing to be? TRL and URT are about being the best. Car experience would make this element richer.
But people also use it for just nearly randomly picking a winner as an excuse to interact in faction and interfaction races, often with stock class e cars and a small number of laps. The entire point in those cases is to allow little guys to win over RS monsters.
At present, the system serves both purposes. So if this suggestion was enacted, what would you do for the purpose that is being diminished, ie when people want RNG to be the biggest factor in the race?
But people also use it for just nearly randomly picking a winner as an excuse to interact in faction and interfaction races, often with stock class e cars and a small number of laps. The entire point in those cases is to allow little guys to win over RS monsters.
At present, the system serves both purposes. So if this suggestion was enacted, what would you do for the purpose that is being diminished, ie when people want RNG to be the biggest factor in the race?
no
It would mean a little guy cant compete to someone who does nothing but race
No.
As abovementioned
As abovementioned
I thought it was theorized that there was in fact a hidden car XP element?
Nothing to support this theory, just people trying to explain RNG. Some like to believe it and we tolerate it.
Oh there is no explaining RNG that's for sure... lately I've seen way to may 30+RS racers coming in 6th place in officials. Now i know it has more of an effect on smaller races but to me that's just too much. Yea, I know, "what about the new racers"? While I do agree that it shouldn't be that they have NO CHANCE against higher RS racers I think there should be a bit more balance. Right now it seems as though it has little to no effect on officials at all which isn't right IMO.
30+ is unfortunately still part of the beginning of the spectrum with the game age of many players, it is hard to compare it with other skills as racing takes much more time and dedication but as with the other skills 30 has not enough impact. If you look at someone like Data who is nearing 100 you can see that his RS has an incredible influence on his lap times even in just officials. Though looking at URT luck hasn't been on his side there yet.
Yea that's true. I've just been assuming that's higher than most which may not necessarily be the case.
We never have gotten anything concrete as far as how the dice roll for officials or any races goes for that matter correct? All we know is the more laps, the more it leans toward RS rather than RNG but how much we don't really know?
We never have gotten anything concrete as far as how the dice roll for officials or any races goes for that matter correct? All we know is the more laps, the more it leans toward RS rather than RNG but how much we don't really know?
Correct, don't think we can find out either without any Dev helping out.
So if RS only plays a certain percentage in determining the race, can't the same be applied for car XP?
in my own small tests i did while determing dirt cars per track.
I used to repeat the same test with the same cars and logic at a later rs gain again.
All were 100 lap races, the higher rs meant better average times.
The oddity I noticed that it was for the dirt tracks almost the same improvement over average time.
I used to repeat the same test with the same cars and logic at a later rs gain again.
All were 100 lap races, the higher rs meant better average times.
The oddity I noticed that it was for the dirt tracks almost the same improvement over average time.
There's too much contradictory evidence that car XP isn't real, or evidence that can be explained away by RS.
With all the testing I've done on various cars and setups, and all the race data I've logged over the last few years, I've never seen anything to lead me to believe that car XP is real.
With all the testing I've done on various cars and setups, and all the race data I've logged over the last few years, I've never seen anything to lead me to believe that car XP is real.
Does this fictionality extend to the supposed "settling in" of newly equipped car parts?
From my experience, yes.
The class B commerce record was the first time I had ever raced that car. I bought it, loaded it with upgrades and raced it. Lap record...
Seems that should not be possible if car experience exists.
Seems that should not be possible if car experience exists.