I joined a fight and when I landed a hit it said 'Lock In Progress'
What does that mean?
I'm not 100% sure, but I remember "locks" being referred to when things like depositing money and getting mugged happen at the exact same time to prevent weird interactions like ending up with negative money after being mugged or other weird things.
You might want to post in the bugs and issues forum with screenshots though. It's definitely not normal.
Edit: I've made a
bug report here since I had the same issue in an NPC fight. If you have any details to add feel free to post them there.
Mentions:
Lock in progress?
That's just a symptom of programmatically preventing concurrent write access to shared resources in things like a database. In this case, when attacking, only one player can in reality hit at a time as someone must have the finishing hit - when life drops, it's person by person, if two people (or more) try to attain a lock, someone won't get it. The displayed error may or may not have always been there, who knows? But it's really not an issue, it's just a fact of life with many concurrent users doing things at the same time. Too many peope hitting one lock at once, and the timeout for acquiring the lock is exceeded, that'll happen.
Just my two cents as a software engineer :-)