Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bravotitan

Started by Ypso [2515770] on in General Discussion.

92 replies · 3.28k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 93 / 93 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
93
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Player 2337920 [2337920] ×1 Bravotitan [2423520] ×1

Ypso [2515770]
Hello people of Torn.

No this is not your usual mugger / faction thief thread. Yesterday I was selling some points and I accidentally forgot to put in a 4.
Very quickly before I noticed, Bravotitan purchased the points. A stupid mistake that would cost me 200m.

Right after he bought my points, he send me a message saying that i screwed up, and that he will return the points to me for the same price. And so he did! Someone else even bought 1k points that he was trying to give back, but that person was a bit faster than me. That would only be 1/5th of what i would've lost, and i was already happy i got back the other points. The man even went as far to send a message to the other buyer and managed to get back the points. For a small higher price i could get the rest of the points.

Conclusion:
Always double check your price when selling something, it even gives you a "are you sure you want to sell" message. Most people would'nt go as far as Bravotitan did to get your stuff back. So this is a thank you message / appreciation to the man that saved me from a 200m loss

[image: i.imgur.com]

Do you know of any other nice people that would do the same? Would love to hear about them, or read some stories about what happened to other people!

Mentions: Bravotitan [2423520]

Beerstein [1322136]
I've done the same with mispriced items, happens quite a bit.

I mentioned in the past the only thing I'd keep is a DB since it's inherently already destructive. TBH I'm not sure I'd actually really keep that though. Kinda karma if you get hosed misprising a DB though tbh.
dark95 [2321537]
2 dirty bombs were accidentaly sold for 40m and 45m.

“Both buyers returned them for the same price they bought xD”

So very nice of them :p
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I know Bravotitan IRL, he helps elderly people cross the road. 10/10 will trade again.
aaronachnid [2554633]
It's nice and all, but wouldn't it have just been easier to send you the "extra" money? That way, others wouldn't have been able to grab the points and a lot of hassle could have been avoided.

Still; bravo to Bravotitan
Lollyn [2619037]
Bravotitan wasn't intending to purchase all those points himself -- he bought them solely to save the seller from a mistake. Since points cannot be traded directly between players, this awkward arrangement was the best he could do to help the OP. He really did have to go out of his way to be helpful here,