48 replies · 1.28k views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Marijuana[2400689]
· 21 likes · - - Total money gain: - $136,664,887,676 - - Total money loss: - $159,301,842,172
DUDE[1028023]
· 20 likes · DUDE DUDE has done it all. And there is nothing left for him to do anymore in TORN city.
DUDE[1028023]
· 8 likes · His biggest regret is did so much in so little time that there is nothing left for DUDE DUDE to do anymore. In this game. This is the end.
Regret: One time somebody quit and gave me all their stuff, genuinely no meme. It was a few hundred million. At the time, I wanted to buy a PI. It was me and my then-husband's dream, for some reason. I flustered with the money on hand, not wanting to get mugged, and ended up falling for the "Box of grenades / Donator pack" scam in bazaar at the time (the changes hadn't been put in place to heavily protect against this at that time). I think I lost about 400m which was a ton to lose for me, but the embarrassment was worse.
Achievements: Wish I had achievements to talk about ;D
Someone helping me majorly: Adobi has recently helped me so so much coming back to torn from a phase where I "quit". He's helped me remember all the game mechanics, given me lots of patience and time, and he's a great guy.
TL;DR: I lost 400m to a scam which causes lots of embarrassment and tears
REGRET: due to my newbish stupidity.. and early days in a new guild.. and a miscommunication with a Torn friend, ..I inadvertently bountied my own guild member :( not knowing who he was.. or what a f**kup I did... to this day I regret that..I deserved the bounties and guild kick that followed. You know who you are ..I am, still an idiot sandwich.. :p but I am sincerely sorry
ACHEIVEMENT: Bought my company with stock and education ready to go :)
BIGGEST HELP: Gosh.. there have been so many it's hard to name. Just people willing to help and give advice, and cheery chat and stuff. I know I've missed many, but here are just a couple: Baldr for his racing guide, dexy and kata, my two bestest friends on here. legaci for helping me with a work thing, Greefus for always being there for me, and Smokey and my faction I will never leave for good.. <3 <3 big help, Dude and ED for always bringing smiles to my face, and being 100% trustworthy. Jessie, and Chit, and hemi, and pinky for keeping things fun.
When I was but a wee lad, languishing away on the family's acreage, I came across what I thought at the time was a geode. I took this to the shed behind the main house, and walked 1.7 miles to the back of the shed to the tool wall. Once there I took down a hammer and a chisel, unwrapped them from their Vicuna wool dust jackets, and got to work cracking open my find.
Unfortunately, what my naivety mistook for a geode was in actuality an egg of unbelievable size. Inside this egg was a prehistoric big cat. Now, yes, I know what you are thinking. Big cats are mammals and hence do not come from eggs, but instead are carried in their mother's wombs much like humans. Well, I have but one word to silence the dissent: platypodes.
Because I was the first thing the cat saw upon exiting its calcium carbonate prison, I am what the cat imprinted on. I decided then and there to take the cat to the second house where mother and father would be none the wiser, and called to have the property Maybach brought around as I did not feel like making the trek on foot while carrying the animal.
When we arrived at the second house later that week, I had settled on a name. Colonel Mitten Von Willabrand. Since that time we have had numerous adventures involving rectories, tweed smoking jackets, prison, opening a sandwich shop in the lower east side of Manhattan, the time we both dropped acid and I thought I found him in a dump, powdered wigs, and a mescaline growing and distribution business that has to stay a bit hushed for now.
Anyway, to the point of the thread, my biggest regret in life is the fish I had at dinner last night. As for my biggest accomplishment, I have never worn an Affliction shirt or True Religion jeans.
What is the biggest thing someone has done in Torn or life that helped you majorly?
I came to Torn when I was in a really bad place, and meeting my spouse last December literally saved my life. I am generally pretty skeptical of anything that you can't prove , but I do believe something brought us together. He is my best friend, and I love him and I'm so happy I can spend the rest of my life annoying him :-D
*I regret gambling while drunk. Lost billions and billions, so many billions I can't fathom how many billions. Drinks more*...My real life regret was buying a ford focus before I bought my Honda Civic. Ford can go straight to the junk yard or car hell for all I care.
*Biggest achievement is my Hydroponics grow tent. I was super excited acquiring that lovely collectable. Even more so than my gak, not that it wasn't an achievement, but wasn't the same feeling.
*My in game spouse has been my biggest help in Torn. I credit him to some of my success. Him and myself have just been a great team. I can just come and go as I please. Move in and out anytime I want.. Having common sense for the rest.