So I have a phone and computer on which I play torn. If I get my brother to use my phone to make an account with my referral link and get to level 10 will I be fine? He would only be using his account and I wouldn't use the phone will he had it.
Recomendations
Started by sescaowo [2672973] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Fermion [2691036] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Imo it falls on the game, not the players, to make it interesting enough for a new player. Torn is good with it tbh. I got a staff who messaged me right off to help if I had issues, who …
That is perfectly fine. He could also do so on the computer too. As long as he creates his own account (can deff use your referral to do so), plays his own account and it doesn’t solely exist to feed yours. Here is a post from bogie that sums up the above.
Mentions: Spouse IRL playing TORN
I could've sworn Bogie said somewhere that getting someone to be your referral and them *only* playing to get to level 10 for the rewards and then quitting would count as them being 'feeding' your account as well (for obvious reasons).
Imo it falls on the game, not the players, to make it interesting enough for a new player. Torn is good with it tbh. I got a staff who messaged me right off to help if I had issues, who I didn't bore to death most because I already had a faction
With the rewards, people are going to dump money into referrals to get them to 10. Their goal will not always be torn's ultimate goal, i.e. player retention; but to perhaps get a friend interested in a shared hobby, or to get the merits/items and points you get when they get to 10/20
I think it'd be more clear of an issue if the feie d gives away everything he has to you and just quits. That would be feeding.
The referral awards are just awards players are promised on their own merit. The new player doesn't get anything (which I'm a little salty with. My referrer got windproof lighter. I didn't get shit, even though I needed it much more to start out than a old account already having billions) . The absolute lack of resources newbies get, and the hellish grind of xans/attack leaves/ be building that happens before a person reaches lvl 15 is honestly weird af. New players should be given more in game avenues to make money.
With the rewards, people are going to dump money into referrals to get them to 10. Their goal will not always be torn's ultimate goal, i.e. player retention; but to perhaps get a friend interested in a shared hobby, or to get the merits/items and points you get when they get to 10/20
I think it'd be more clear of an issue if the feie d gives away everything he has to you and just quits. That would be feeding.
The referral awards are just awards players are promised on their own merit. The new player doesn't get anything (which I'm a little salty with. My referrer got windproof lighter. I didn't get shit, even though I needed it much more to start out than a old account already having billions) . The absolute lack of resources newbies get, and the hellish grind of xans/attack leaves/ be building that happens before a person reaches lvl 15 is honestly weird af. New players should be given more in game avenues to make money.
Lol so if the friend just don't feel like playing torn, someone will be fedded?
Lol dedesilver, thanks for all the advice guys, will get him to use my referral link and get to level 10. He probably won't play further than that because hes not very into games like torn.
I think it's more likely to be an issue if someone repeatedly has friends join who get to level 10 and quit.