42 replies · 1.07k views · thread synced · 11 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
manic[1554958] · 23 likes · Well, it works IRL - look at how all those priests keep getting away with stuff...
Offertory[2487783]
· 3 likes · Now, this is a good thread. I currently average 5 prayers per day, but happy to bump those numbers up for science.
randalus[1306671]
· 2 likes · well it is, there is for each crime a likelyness of failure. praying might have an impact on this. And yet this way it does not "reduce your wanted level". the opposite is correct: if you would be more "lucky" …
We all know praying is useless, right? And it has been for a very long time. But, what if...
Ched introduced praying because he always intended to introduce a form of arrest (like the detective agency), and praying is the way to get our wanted level down...?
I like your earrings, but wouldn't that be for a NR thread called "Show off your jewelry/bling"?
GIFTS[2612583] · #6 · edited
I was thinking maybe it did anyways I pray once a day (more then I do IRL) just incase it does do something we dont know about or just helps RNG who knows right!!
would we be able to confirm this by checking the most wanted list, then asking the peeps on it to pray a couple times to see if it takes them off the list (assuming they haven't been arrested in that time frame, of course)?
Or is the most wanted list a random assortment of the top rewards on people
I use/waste 5e daily on praying and I`m still getting arrested from time to time.
GIFTS[2612583] · #11
My max is 2 a day. Once in the morning and once at night before the day changes over. However the reason I started originally is I always seem to have a spare 5e left over from the gym lol! But yes lets test this arrest theory I am willing to give it a go and be a test dummy!!
And how can you be so certain it doesn't work? I don't think I've ever seen anyone testing it before, and the mechanic is used in other games as well. So your post, no matter the certainty with which you present it, is just as speculative as my first post.
well it is, there is for each crime a likelyness of failure. praying might have an impact on this. And yet this way it does not "reduce your wanted level". the opposite is correct: if you would be more "lucky" with the crimes you do you earn more and your wanted level raises faster. so this is not what the OP means.
@Wollongong: Ched normaly is focus on realistic mechanics. And I have never seen that a wanted reward would be reduced just because the criminal prays to god. This means praying can (if even) only effect your chance of achieving something in a karma-like or fate-like way.
This can be everything in the game like better chance of hitting a target, better chance of successful crimes, better chance in the casino,... But I don't think it will reduce your wanted level. It also won't reduce hospital time or jail time. Of course I don't know for sure but I would not spend time on testing this idea.