Hi all,
TLDR: I love Torn and want to thank everybody for being a part of it.
I don't think I have ever made a GD post and probably never will again because I'm much more comfortable out of the spotlight. Honestly, I have rarely ever even made a comment in GD so I'm def out of my element.
I don't think my opinion is any more valid than anybody else, and I certainly can't speak for anybody else's specific interactions, but for what it is worth, here is my opinion.
I have been playing Torn for about 2.5 years. For a game I had never heard of before it amazed me the depth and magnitude of what initially seemed like a silly online text game. After all this time I can honestly say I'm addicted; in fact, even though it wasn't tracked, I do not think I have missed a single day since I began playing. Every day I feel like I learn something new and find something entertaining. The variety is great which is what keeps me logging in. Somedays, I wanna be alone and find enjoyment in the numbers, the grind, the marathon goals...the simple and easy routine...the constant and almost automatic use E, use nerve, fly, ect....when my life is chaotic, having something I know is simple and easy helps. But if real life is slow, or I'm bored there is so much to explore and even get invested in if you want to. The social aspect (I have met so many new friends and interesting people, the forum drama, the events, the competitions, factions, ect ect...so many personalities and seemingly something for everybody. I love that I can get what I need out of the game when I need it.
I just wanted to say thank you, thank you to the thousands of players who enable this game to exist and provide hours of entertainment in their own way. I think ultimately every play style has a part in making the game what it is and while you may love to hate, love to love, or don't care either way....each player plays a part in the machine. Thank you to the developers and staff who put in hours and work (paid or not I don't know) usually without gratitude to make this game work. (I have worked in a profession where the only time you hear from the customer is when they are angry, never when something works, only when it doesn't). Thank you to all my faction mates and any other people who I can call friends and who have helped me throughout my Torn journey. Thank you to Bogie and all the other staff (sorry, I don't know many of you by name, I just see Bogie's name in the forums a lot, and he is the one who sent me the missing items from last years trick or treat bug) for continuing to try and do what you think is best even when you may feel attacked for trying to do it. Most of all, thank you to my Torn spouse and IRL love, cooperday, who introduced me to the game about a week after he found it as it has become such a fun part of our lives.
Sorry, to take up everybody's time and I know it is a lot of text so here is a TLDR ( not sure if etiquette is to put it at the top or bottom so I'll do both.
TLDR: I love Torn and want to thank everybody for being a part of it.
TLDR: I love Torn and want to thank everybody for being a part of it.
I don't think I have ever made a GD post and probably never will again because I'm much more comfortable out of the spotlight. Honestly, I have rarely ever even made a comment in GD so I'm def out of my element.
I don't think my opinion is any more valid than anybody else, and I certainly can't speak for anybody else's specific interactions, but for what it is worth, here is my opinion.
I have been playing Torn for about 2.5 years. For a game I had never heard of before it amazed me the depth and magnitude of what initially seemed like a silly online text game. After all this time I can honestly say I'm addicted; in fact, even though it wasn't tracked, I do not think I have missed a single day since I began playing. Every day I feel like I learn something new and find something entertaining. The variety is great which is what keeps me logging in. Somedays, I wanna be alone and find enjoyment in the numbers, the grind, the marathon goals...the simple and easy routine...the constant and almost automatic use E, use nerve, fly, ect....when my life is chaotic, having something I know is simple and easy helps. But if real life is slow, or I'm bored there is so much to explore and even get invested in if you want to. The social aspect (I have met so many new friends and interesting people, the forum drama, the events, the competitions, factions, ect ect...so many personalities and seemingly something for everybody. I love that I can get what I need out of the game when I need it.
I just wanted to say thank you, thank you to the thousands of players who enable this game to exist and provide hours of entertainment in their own way. I think ultimately every play style has a part in making the game what it is and while you may love to hate, love to love, or don't care either way....each player plays a part in the machine. Thank you to the developers and staff who put in hours and work (paid or not I don't know) usually without gratitude to make this game work. (I have worked in a profession where the only time you hear from the customer is when they are angry, never when something works, only when it doesn't). Thank you to all my faction mates and any other people who I can call friends and who have helped me throughout my Torn journey. Thank you to Bogie and all the other staff (sorry, I don't know many of you by name, I just see Bogie's name in the forums a lot, and he is the one who sent me the missing items from last years trick or treat bug) for continuing to try and do what you think is best even when you may feel attacked for trying to do it. Most of all, thank you to my Torn spouse and IRL love, cooperday, who introduced me to the game about a week after he found it as it has become such a fun part of our lives.
Sorry, to take up everybody's time and I know it is a lot of text so here is a TLDR ( not sure if etiquette is to put it at the top or bottom so I'll do both.
TLDR: I love Torn and want to thank everybody for being a part of it.